Neutron XS Issues

theatre4jc

Hey guys I was hoping someone here might be able to help. I'm having issues with my Neutron XS and am trying to diagnose the problem before going to the shop to speed up the process of repairs. The machine is just spitting fluid and the LED is giving me the double flash error code. On top of that the pump is making a gurgling sound. The machine is about 7 years old, but I can't afford to replace it. Really bad timing because I am about to have a small venue tour where this is my only hazer. I have about a week for repairs or to find a used machine that is as close to $600 as possible. (yeah I know good luck with that) Any ideas on what could be the cause of this?

Or anyone know of a quiet operation water based hazer for close to $600?

For that price you could give the Martin Magnum 2500 Hz a go. I haven't had experience with it, but it looks decent.

If you can find a used Le Maitre Radiance at a price you can afford you're set.

The XS has two pumps, one pumps air and the other pumps the fluid. The air pump runs all the time, and the fluid pump is on a timed circuit to pulse the juice. The air pump is modified aquarium unit (mine is a Penn Plax) and the coil I believe runs on 24 volts. If it is still vibrating, you can get replacement diaphragms from a large pet store. The coil voltage is all the difference in the units as far as I found out. Empty any fluid out of the internal bottle and make sure the cork is tight. Inside the lid, taped to the wall is the cleaning wand (looks like a twisted coping saw blade) and remove the rubber plug in the cover across from the heater element and carefully but intentionally insert it into the heater tube and clean any residue that has accumulated inside. The wand will go in almost all the way so make sure you get it clean (may require some work). That should get you going again.

Actually ended up having to purchase a used one. Found one for $500 online. Odd thing is it broke on the second show and I had to replace the theromocouple and nozzle. But it's pumping great now. Thanks for you help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back