New Albany, Indiana logging in to say HI and thanks already!

jcfalc01

I don't get to surf too much but did come across this site which seems to really be great at the suggestions so far. I am most impressed with the "safety" issues that are discussed.

I'm just a dad, who did not do theatre in high school and have never had any formal training but did have a daughter that twisted my arm in helping backstage with set construction. Short story is that when the TD retired the other dads all stepped backward faster than I did and now I've been the TD for the past 5 years - teaching and learning every step of the way.

Our team of "Dads" has developed such as positive reputation that we have been asked to build sets for the professional world of theatre and have actually sold sets to a major national distributor for Disney's Beauty and the Beast and High School Musical. Just a dad - still learning - which continues my interest long after my oldest daughter has left the H.S.

Anyway, thanks for all your help and hopefully I'll be able to help, too. Oh, my actual job is that I am a scientist - so we use a lot of physics and science to get us through.

Thanks again!

Welcome! Great to have you here. Be sure to check out the Wiki and the search function. If you would not mind telling us where you heard about the site, that would be great. We can be a nosy bunch around here. Enjoy CB!

~Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back