New App - PE Magic Sheet

rvirzera

Check out this new App on the Itunes Store...

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pe-magic-sheet/id570589673?mt=8

Production Electrician Magic Sheet is designed to quickly give you a magic sheet of your rig at your finger tips. PE Magic Sheet is also a great tool for keeping a database of information about every light in your rig. It's the perfect tool for needing to know a fixtures address when swapping a light!

PE Magic Sheet is a perfect tool for freelance lighting designers, electricians, stages hands and students.

Like it the app on Facebook...

http://www.facebook.com/PeMagicSheet

It would be nice if you added a disclaimer saying it was your app.

Also, adding something more than just what's directly in the iTunes app description would've been cool if you're going to use this as free advertising for your product.

While I can't argue with your comments about a disclaimer and skirting the edges of the TOS Arez, I do want to throw in an endorsement of Rob's (rvirzera) work.

I have had the pleasure of working with Rob in the past and his ability to see a potential problem and derive a solution that can mitigate and/or avoid the problem is one of his top skills. That is where this (and his other app) were born from. Rob's experience in touring led him to see a way to gain efficiency through creating and using this application. I hope Rob will stick around ControlBooth and share some of that knowledge and experience with others in some of the forums.

FWIW, here is another source: New iOS App: PE Magic Sheet | iSquint.net though it doesn't contain much more information than what is on the iTunes site.

[MY Full Disclosure]
Rob and I met when he worked for ETC and became friends. I have no stake in this or any of Rob's applications other than wanting to see a friend do well. I have purchased both PEMagicSheet and PEGelCalc but have not used them in a production yet.
[/disclosure]

~Kirk

Note: This post represents only my personal opinion(s) and does not necessarily represent the view(s) of my employer (or anyone else for that matter).

Last edited:
@ Arez - This would be my first time posting on this forum but my intention as someone who works as a touring electrician was to say I made this app for my own needs but thought that it would apply to many people on this forum. I also was hoping for constructive feed back to grow the app and add new features or hear what parts already work great…

@starksk - Kirk! It's great to hear from you! Thank you for the positive feedback! Also I would love to hear more when you get a chance to use either app in a production setting…

Because we're feeling the festive spirit, this will be allowed to stand, for now...

rvirzera, why don't you drop on over to the New Members' Board and introduce yourself and see where you might be able to share some advice around other parts of the site and fit into the community.
You haven't made the best of first impressions, but we're generally happy to give people a second chance :)

rvirzera , please feel free to add your app to this list: iPhone/iPodTouch/iPad Apps for Theatre - ControlBooth in the appropriate category.

As others have said, the members of CB don't take kindly to a person coming here soley to hawk their wares. From FAQ/Content Policies/Sales:
ControlBooth.com is primarily an education forum. While we welcome members from all fields ControlBooth.com does not support or allow public or private sales on ControlBooth.com. Nor does or will it stand behind any products, sales or products offered on the forum other than to advise the reader that there are many suppliers and distributors out there with a variety of pricing and product range that have not posted; that, in fairness, should also be kept in mind. Abuse of these policies for commerce other than absolutely necessary in being sole supplier of a very specific product will result in a warning or possible loss of membership privileges. Intent is to take off one's hat and talk tech, and in no way develop intended business sales other than by way of association where appropriate and kept off line out of fairness to all retail sources. If you have any questions about whether your post would violate these rules, please contact a member of the ControlBooth.com Senior Team via private message. The spirit of this rule is this: Members promoting their products or services privately thru PM or thru the rare post are expected to contribute in other ways as well and if they want to promote a product or service without participating in other ways they are welcome to become an advertiser.
Consider this an admonition, a hand slap if you will, and as penance, you are to make three posts, one of which can/should be in the New Member Board introducing yourself; helpful to the community, in furtherance of the topic, and not mentioning your product (which I think is great, BTW, but I would be more apt to buy it at $1.99 than $5.99).

... It's the perfect tool for needing to know a fixtures address when swapping a light! ...
An experienced electrician will make sure to note the old light's address (and mode, and other custom menu settings) before hanging the new fixture. Learned that lesson the hard way.;)

Last edited:
Couple suggestions for this app:

1) universal iPad and iPhone support
2) support for pulling level/intensity data from lighting networks
3) ability to import a ground plan as the background

If it did all that I would be all over buying a copy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back