New Chap - Wales, UK - Introducing Myself

Hi All,

I came across the forum this evening (well early morning here) and found it very informative and seems to have level headed folks willing to help each other on here.

I play the drums in a band and have always looked after the lighting/stage setup however I have now moved into wanting to use DMX. I have some fixtures that I have managed to cobble together and intend to get some more once I have a hang of the basics. Just got myself a Chauvey Obey 40 and having a few initial setting up problems so I have already responded to a thread in the hope of getting some help.

Hope this finds you all well !!!

Rgds

Mac

Welcome aboard Mac. We actually have quite a few members from your neck of the woods should you ever want to look at a meet-up. You may be looking at quite an addictive adventure as you get more into this. After all, this is my career, but that's not how I planned it (went to school for archaeology). In college, I also played drums for a band, but then ended up doing the lighting for them instead. I enjoy being behind the scenes so much more.

Hope you enjoy the forums and I'm glad that you weren't too shy to just jump right in!

Hi,

Thanks for replying to my introduction and for the info.

I have always looked after the lighting and effects for any band I have been in. I also make blacklight reactive backdrops etc for many bands. Although nearly 50 I have decided to do this to hopefully be able to set up a small part time business to hire myself and the lights out, so this is the first step......... and really enjoying it.

I so know what you mean about addictive !!

Why is it the drummer always ends up doing this type of thing....LOL !!!

Rgds

Mac

Why the drummer? 'cuz he has the most hardware to deal with and the vehicle to haul it. So it's...." Since you have room....." (my brother's a drummer- I know!) Anyhow, welcome!
Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back