New: Chauvet Maverick Silens 2 Profile

I knew someone would say that...

Can't wait to get my hands on a few of them in my space!
This is not just for @gafftaper but where and how would YOU use them. Just sitting here in my rocking chair, the first thing I think of with profile fixtures (I.E. with framing shutters) is using 6 or 10 of them for #1 FOH position, but that seems to not use them to their fullest ability. Yeah, I know that just because moving lights can wiggle and jiggle and wink and blink, doesn't mean they have to do that ALL the time. Let's see, other positions, FOH Box Booms, a couple there could be interesting. Hmmmm, upstage, either on deck or up in the air would be awesome.

Where and how would YOU use them.
I run a high school PAC. We currently have four ETC Revolutions (framing shutters, gel scroller, gobo rotation) two hang on the first electric and two in box boom positions. We use them all the time for specials and simple effects. Opening/closing pose of a dance routine, lead singer in a band, picking up a performer in an odd location... Lots of things. They are getting a bit long in the tooth at the moment and I would love to replace them with Maverick Silens 2. It would give me all the features I love to use from the Revolutions plus some significant upgrades. The Revolutions are quiet-ish... But not silent.

Last edited:
I've worked in a few churches that always had weird architecture that made lighting super annoying.
Having moving frontlight that was very flexible was great and my go-to was always a VL1000 because they're quiet when moving and sometimes you really needed that 70degree wide zoom.

Another anecdote. In community musical theatre, the first way I learned to light a show was using the rep plot of frontlight, highsides, 3 color downwash and cycs and you only got 2 specials per electric. So only 12 lights you could physically move out of a plot of 215ish. Same could apply with these quiet guys.

I got another look at Maverick Silens 2 yesterday as part of a Chauvet Demo tour that came through town. They really are amazing! Freaking Bright! Great color. Great White. Amazing Fades. Red Shift. All of the cool treats you expect in a good mover, plus some unusual ones like a cool animation effect created by shifting which segment of the LED source is on. Most of all it is truly Silent. I've got to get some rentals moving through my space again so I can buy some!

Pricing is going under $9k depending on the usual pricing factors. If you run a small theater or HOW where fan noise is an issue, you need to see one of these in action.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back