New Chavuet LED Fixtures

I will be honest in saying that I was not aware of the large scale DJs that others are describing, however, now I realize how this would be a good product for one of these large DJ companies, because then a DJ with no other conventionals can provide gobo projection, without having to use dimmers. While I still question if an average neighborhood DJ with two speakers on a stick, running from there laptop would buy this, I do think Corporate, and Large Scale DJs would be into this. At the same time, however, I have doubts about DJs with Fresnels. I think without the Gobo ability, a DJ (of any size) would rather just have a cheap par can, or an LED Par Can. Furthermore, the qualities of a Fresnel Lens that Theatrical Designers love, are the opposite of DJ's harsh flashing beams. Again, this may be different with the Large DJs, however, I really can't see any DJ using Fresnels. That being said, the fresnel may work for another market, applications where bulb life must be very long. Churches without easy access to fixtures may employ these, or Corporate, where there are minimal fixtures, but you want long life, and little maintenance. Overall, since this product is not out on the market, nobody has any of experience with them, so only time will tell. Perhaps in 2 years, this may be the dominate LED ellipsoidal, or perhaps not.

Applause for Chauvet. Good to see that another company is R&D'ing innovative products for use in multiple markets. Will be good for everyone (well except those they may end up taking market share from).

Ford
Thanks for speaking with your point of view, and the additional detail. For my 2 cents- not too comercial at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back