new coldplay concert, great lighting once again!

2manydjs

I just saw this video of coldplay here and the lighting is great as always! Last time I saw them the show was amazing.
On this video, shoot in the maddison square garden for a free gig, you can see some balloon, I suppose with leds inside but how can they project on the balls??? Moreover I think the balls turn around and also move over the crow.

Hmm, the big balls in the video seem kind of distracting to me but perhaps I'm more classically designed in stage lighting design.

Not that it comes to mind any songs by them I can remember, (yep getting old...) on the other hand, perhaps distraction from the talent performing live on stage is important for this part of the show's design/song in the use of them. Or perhaps the use of them was a distraction not intended for more than effect but there as distraction. Something I would think to consider in design.

As for how done... no idea on my part other than perhaps a projection on some blow up.

Last edited:
Cirque Du Soleil's Varekai uses a giant ballon that floats around the stage with a 360 projector inside and can also be triggered remotly which was cool.

thanks a lot. Sorry I was at a music festival last w-e... The mars volta rocks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back