New Curtain for sale

MPowers

We have a brand new Charisma IFR drape for sale. It was a custom color and in the end did not work. The curtain is perfectly fine, just the wrong color.

It is a single piece, 30' wide 25' high. 0% full. There is no webbing or grommets at the top at present, but the sides and bottom are fully finished hems and CC&P. The color could best be described as a "Dusky Rose".

We are willing to cut it to a specific height and sew webbing grommets and fullness to suit.

Asking price is $2500.00 Contact Michael Powers [email protected]

CC&P is curtain talk for Chain and Chain Pocket. Referring to the "standard" method of finishing the bottom of a curtain that is chain weighted rather than pipe weighted. Unless otherwise stated, a chain pocket is what is called "suspended". What that means is, for example, a 4" hem at the bottom, is 4" down and 4" up, then stitched down. The chain pocket is a muslin hem inside the velour hem that is, for example, 2" down and 2" up and stitched in to the same line as the velour hem. That means the curtain can touch the floor and not leave gaps or light leaks but still be fully weighted to look nice. Also with travelers it means the good fabric is just brushing the floor as the curtain moves and not scrubbing the good fabric between the chain and the floor.

A properly done pipe pocket or pipe flap does the same thing, that is about an inch or two of the drop or curtain or screen, or scrim is touching the floor when the pipe is still an inch or two above. That gives the look of a solid connection to the floor but not the clank of chain or pipe hitting as the unit flies in.

That help?

Last edited:
Thought I was posting this to the classified ads area, Where's a 12 year old computer geek when you need one!

CC&P is curtain talk for Chain and Chain Pocket. ...
Would not that better be expressed as C&CP then, rather than CC&P?

...but the sides and bottom are fully finished hems and CC&P. ...
Did you mean the sides are "fully-finished hems" and the bottom is "CC&P"? 'Cause I'm not sure how useful chain would be on the sides. :confused:

Thought I was posting this to the classified ads area, Where's a 12 year old computer geek when you need one!
You posted it properly. The only issue is my zealous, unrelenting pedanticism. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
1 Yup, C&CP, my flying fingers are dixlexic sometimes.
2. Also Yup. No chain on sides.

... 'Cause I'm not sure how useful chain would be on the sides. :confused:

You posted it properly. The only issue is my zealous, unrelenting pedanticism. :rolleyes:

Newbies who need to learn to get out of my way! :)

Your "unrelenting pedanticism (Not a real word as far as my computer knows)" will come back to haunt you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back