Hello everyone! I'm a part of a high school theater company looking to buy a new cyclorama. As of right now, we have a muslin cyc however it seems like it is painted over a more white color. We've realized that muslin is the most common material, however, our theater also uses our cyc for powerpoint and movie projections.

Does anyone have experience with projection on muslin? Is there another material that we should try looking into for our new cyc? Do you think muslin will suffice for our purposes?

Thanks!

You could also try borrowing or renting a new cyc for a show, and see if you and the Powers That Be in your venue like the material before you buy. If you have time, hang the pipe split at center (or thirds if you can get two loaner materials at the same time) to compare with your old product.

I have a Garriets "opera" creamy white cyc. Its great. Takes light awesome. Takes projection both from and rear awesome. Highly recommend it. Not cheap, but awesome.

We currently have a bleached white FR muslin cyc (built by Rose Brand) and it handles front projection reasonably well without any lights on. I wouldn't rear project on it (don't have the room anyway) and proper projection screen would have much better gain, but for showing clips with the lights off it is adequate (and very budget friendly).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back