Control/Dimming New Desk to Replace LSC Axiom 36

Hughesie

As you might have seen from the "what went wrong" post
http://www.controlbooth.com/forums/what-went-wrong/8703-lsc-axiom-36-a.html

i am in the market for a lighting desk something not to special just something that is user friendly and not command line

Our Old Desk
proxy.php

Our old desk was a 36/72 channel desk

If you don't have any issues with LSC (considering the old desk was 13 years old, that's pretty good!), I'd say that an LSC Maxim is your best choice. Pick the right size for your space.

Currently it looks like the replacement might be a new version of the desk we are currently hiring.

a Zero88 Bullfrog 48/96

go ahead and ship your old desk over to me, i'm sure i can find a use for it, or repair it :D.

You send that old hog 2 over to me and i will get that axiom for you. I think we're actually sending it to a community theatre who wants it, personally i think the power supply is the problem because it works fine for a while untill it boots properly and the more stress you put it under the more the desk lamp voltage drops:rolleyes:

Highend got my hog working better than when i got it :). It made it through the weekend with flying colors, yet my hog 500 got a bunch of finger prints all over the screen when i kept switching to it. I have to say its a pain going from touch screen to non touch screen console.

Nothing wrong with going Zero 88. If you go back to some of the old best cheap console debates you'll find that they seem to be one of the few companies in the middle of the market that nobody around here hates. That's saying a lot!

I'm not seeing Bull Frog on their website... looks like Leap frog is the latest variation of their 48/96. Frog 2 looks like a nice board too... don't know anything about pricing on these guys.

Hey hughsie. Im new hear but i really am not a big fan of the jester. and the expirience i have had with Zero88 is not brill. There is nothing particularly wrong with them, and the jesters are reasonobly cheap. But they are just fiddley. I found that you can get a "Virtual" jester on ur PC (unfortunatley not mac) so you can have a go. A jester is allright as a backup console, and the console on a small show, but as a full time thing, they aint brill. Anyway good luck,
Nick
PS. Any chance you could donate the LSC Aziom console 4 our new performing arts center & our school? Havent got a console yet, and Axiom seem pretty gud!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back