New ETC Fixtures (Including ETC FRESNEL)

soundlight

Holy ****!:shock::dance:

Why didn't I get this email?:( <EDIT: Nevermind, it just came.>:oops:

David Hilton better have a Source Four Fresnel with him when I see him here next week!:twisted:

proxy.php

Last edited:
I really like the fact that the yoke can move so that I can change the center of gravity when putting a scroller on the front of it. That's a nice feature. And the bottom-loading lamp is awesome as well. Don't need to mess up barndoor cuts when changing the lamp! And it's got a nice big handle on the back for focusing.

Yes, that I did. I figured that I was racing other members from the second that the email hit my inbox to the first thread posting.

I won.

Pretty freakin' awesome fixture, though! It does also seem like the first road-worthy fresnel since it has a lamp change underneath (lens won't fall open on a meatrack), focus control is a knob that won't get knocked or loosened (rear slide lever and slide bottom focus respectively) and it's got an HPL lamp which means if you have S4s and S4 PARs you won't have to carry any other lamps.

I'm excited (though not surprised) that ETC listened to us, the users, and put power thru on the Desire fixtures! Now they just need to update the rest of the Selador line with that feature and I wont have anything bad to say about them! Except for price. :rolleyes:

The fresnel is pretty freakin' awesome.

-Tim

First thing I did was check the date... nope it's not April 1st. Looking forward to checking it out.

I can't wait to see how they handled the reflector.

Before everybody gets all hot and bothered, consider that the scanty info. on the web shows a zoom range of 20 to 65 degrees. That seemed to me to not be a real tight beam when zoomed in as compared to a Strand/Selecon Acclaim with a range of 6 to 64 degrees beam angle, or the Altman 1KAF with similar range to the Acclaim.

So maybe not as useful as we all want it to be, but with no spec sheet out there yet....

Tsk, tsk, SteveB. http://www.etcconnect.com/docs/docs...001_Source_Four_Fresnel_SpecSht_PRELIM_vA.pdf

Beam Angle: 9-52°
Field Angle: 20-65°

Also, has 7" lens, so should let more lumens through than a 6" Fresnel. Now, I wonder if they're working on an oval beam version? I wonder if I could put a MFL S4-PAR lens in it?

EDIT:
According to my calculations, the fixture falls right in between a 1K 6"FS and a 2K 8"FS:
Conv_photometrics_S4Fres.jpg
But SteveB, you're correct--the S4-Fres does not go as narrow, or as wide, as a Strand 6"FS.

Questions for ETC:
1. Is there an integral safety attachment point?
2. Does the lamp access door have a cut-off switch?

Last edited:
Does this mean the Fresnel is relevant again? :evil:

(Oh, and before people get jumpy, I'M JOKING)

(On the fresnel)
Am I dreaming..?:grin:

I found the PARnels at my church disappointing. Always wondered why they didn't make a fresnel before.

(I wonder who I can convince to buy some?!:twisted:)

Tsk, tsk, SteveB. http://www.etcconnect.com/docs/docs...001_Source_Four_Fresnel_SpecSht_PRELIM_vA.pdf

Beam Angle: 9-52°
Field Angle: 20-65°

Also, has 7" lens, so should let more lumens through than a 6" Fresnel. Now, I wonder if they're working on an oval beam version? I wonder if I could put a MFL S4-PAR lens in it?

EDIT:
According to my calculations, the fixture falls right in between a 1K 6"FS and a 2K 8"FS:
View attachment 4793
But SteveB, you're correct--the S4-Fres does not go as narrow, or as wide, as a Strand 6"FS.

Tsk nothing. When I went looking, early this AM, I could not find anything other then the basic web link. Hmmm.... and I did cover my bases by stating "scanty info." for what was available at the time I looked. So recall your Tsks (Grin) though perhaps I missed it when searching. What I get for doing this with a show on.

Does any one know the MSRP on one of these fixtures (I want to get a budget plan in order).
I suspect pricing won't be available until just before the fixture starts shipping in June or July. Though the website does say
You can finally replace your old Fresnels with an affordable fixture designed for now.
(Emphasis mine.)

FWIW, MSRP for an Altman 65Q is $169. Selecon Acclaim is ~$274. Leviton 1K Fresnel is $320. I'd bet the S4-Fresnel will be between those. List price for an S4-ParNel is $300.

Last edited:
The other point is that there is now a replacement (well, sure there was the 7" Selecon, but this is 'Merica, and we love our HPL's) for the 1K 8" Fresnel (75Q).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back