New fast-fold screen

ruinexplorer

Sherpa
CB Mods
Premium Member
Fight Leukemia
Was at InfoComm this past week. Here's a great new product if you are shopping for a fast-fold type of projection screen. It eliminated a lot of the failure points in older screens, plus includes fly points.

http://www.milestone.com/fastfoldnxt/

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The frame itself looks to be much improved and fixes some of the old styles biggest problems. The extra strength and being able to attach real fly points are big improvements. I don't know how I feel about the screen attachment though. It looks like it goes together ok when everything is warm. But what happens when the screen is cold? I worry about the plastic clips getting brittle and breaking off when your really having to pull on the screen to get it stretched enough to make the connections.

AV Stumpfl has been making a screen attachment like this for a couple of years. I think they'll be sufficient. Sure there will be failures, but the same happened with snaps over time.

k for such a flashy video with lots of hype about how awesome it is, why didn't they show someone setting it up?

It amazes me that if the product is as great as they claim it is, how did it take them so long to figure it out?!? We've only been building projection screens like this in the events industry for 30 years, but we finally figured out the perfect one! That's what I thought watching the video.

ah, there's an assembly video on their website. This kind of disappoints me. They made improvements to old designs, but its essentially the same thing as before. If they can make a play pen open and close with one hand, why can't they do that with a screen?

k for such a flashy video with lots of hype about how awesome it is, why didn't they show someone setting it up?
I agree. It's crazy how much time they spend talking about innovation and creating new ideas that have never been done before but they don't show how it works. Weird!

They have a second video that shows two guys setting one up. I'd say it's riveting but that would be a lie.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back