New from North of Seattle

My name is Ty and I work full time at an elementary school and part time at my church as a youth pastor. I am also a part time student getting my master's degree in counseling.

I have recently become the go-to staffer of all things lighting and technical in the sound booth, as our church is smaller and runs sound, media and lighting through volunteers. I work in supporting our amazing sound and media lead tech volunteer, Jeff.

Just recently our lighting system started to fail and so I am extremely excited about finding this forum, for I will need a lot of help and advice. I have worked on the lighting team for the last several years, but it was the system that was in place when I arrived, and with it failing, I am eager to learn as much as I can to help make informed decisions.

I am also excited to learn more about this area to help educate future volunteers and provide them with as much support as they need to be successful at what they do to serve our community.

Although we've been chatting privately, let this be your official public Welcome from the CB staff! Spend some time looking through the Wiki and collaborative articles. Get to know the search function, there are many years of great information waiting here for you. The only stupid question is one that's been answered 6 times, so try to do some research first. You can get lost here for days if you aren't careful so let your family know where you are.
Remember you aren't alone there are a lot of people here who work in schools, community theaters, and smaller churches all with similar budget issues to you. Post your problems, we are happy to help.

I am also excited to learn more about this area to help educate future volunteers and provide them with as much support as they need to be successful at what they do to serve our community.

Amen brother- if we can't pass along a little help we aren't much good, are we? Glad you've chosen to join us at the ControlBooth Ty, you've picked a very diverse and knowledgable group of lighting and sound folks to interact with.

I look forward to hearing how your church handles different lighting challenges, as I too help at my church for similar reasons. Thanks for joining us and don't be a stranger!

I too, help out at my church, but I work the audio side of the house. Don't forget, CB is not just a lighting forum, we have some seriously talented audio guys as well. HOW (House Of Worship) mixing is a unique beast and definitely a challenge.

-Sent from my HP Touchpad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back