New Girl

Booboo

Hi all! I'm new to control booth and to designing light and sound, so I have a feeling you'll be hearing a lot more from me!

I'm so glad to see there's a site like this!

Thanks!
Jenny

Pocado

Hey Jenny, what kind of shows have you done?

Katie

avkid

Not a New User
Fight Leukemia
welcome and enjoy the site

Booboo

As far as lighting goes, I've done Secret Garden, Actor's Nightmare, and Brighton Beach Memoirs. For sound, I've done In the Blood, and...well, that's about it. With building sets and set design, there's been a lot over the years, so I'll just say, Guys and Dolls, Into the Woods, Bye Bye Birdie, and Midsummer Night's Dream as my favorites. But I'm directing my first musical now (rehearsals start in a week) and I have no tech crew. I am the tech crew. I"m designing the sets, lights, and sound myself, on top of doing blocking and choreography. I think I might be in over my head.

This is where you guys come in. Please be patient with my ignorance. I'm really just an actress who knows about [--] this much as far as designing lights/sound.

Thank you for the warm welcome!

Pocado

Well, i'll have to agree that you might just be a little over your head....it will be interesting. Good luck with that, if i lived near ya I'd help you, but I don't think you're near CO.

Pocado

Booboo

Colorado? Hm. Have you heard of the Rocky Mountain Rep Theatre? I have a few friends in that. Other than those ties, nope, I'm pretty dang far away. :wink:

Pocado

Um, ya know, I think I have heard of it, my drama teacher might be helping in that one, he helps with one place, but I dont' remember, i'll have to ask and get back to you.

Katie

sallyj

This is my first posting. A word of advice for BooBoo - Find friends to help you. And don't be afraid to ask questions. It seems as though you have come to the right place for that. Oh, and Keep Things Simple!

SJM

yvfd82t

sorry its late

Well sorry i am late i have been gone all summer and just got back...so Hi and welcome!!

Andrew