New guy :)

deoLux587

Hey all-

Thought I'd join this forum just to give insight (and take it) if I need to. I'm currently a senior in the BFA Design/Tech program concentrated in lighting design at Purchase College. I just finished designing my first senior show, The Time of Your Life - which went great. Now working on designing the next show(s).. for the Purchase Opera: Gianni Schicchi and Suor Angelica.

Lighting is my life. I love being able to grab control of an everyday element that isn't noticed much, and make it into an artform.

Checkout my work/resume/etc.. at www.derekheckler.com

D.

Welcome to the Booth Derek! You've got some nice work there. What an exciting period of life you are in. You are the envy of many young technicians around here who are eager to get out of high school and on to a college tech program. I'm sure your thoughts on higher education would be greatly appreciated by many in the education forum... not that you don't have a lot to add other places as well.

Get to know the search function, check out the wiki, and don't be shy join the conversation you'll find this place can be addictive.

Welcome to the booth. Hopefully you will find us to be a valuable resource and you can help make this a valuable resource to others. We are all here so that we can pick eachothers brains when we have challenges to overcome. We have members ranging from highschool to professional to vendors to manufacturers. So we can pretty much collaboratively answer almost any question. So, ask any question you have, and offer and answers you can and enjoy your time here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back