new headsets

brin831

Shure - brh440M

or

Clear com- CC300x4

both have removable cables, and flip up to mute boom mics ... shure is a little cheaper retail although dealer cost on both is very similar and that is what we would pay.

thanks curious we have been mostly Telex but debating adding some new headsets when we upgrade some com items.

Just bought some of the clear com & they are very comfy compared to some of our Telex sets. But still fairly isolating. Didn't know Shure made headsets, I'll have to check that out.

yup i didn't know until PWS's instagram had a stack of them posted ... darn social media!! but the price is right and shure makes a pretty solid product usually so its very tempting!

I don't think it's a one or the other situation with the headsets you posted, one is a single-muff and one is a double-muff. They have different uses and different people will prefer different ones, but I would look at the rest of your stock and see what needs filling in - I'm spoiled and tend to work on larger productions where I carry 5 different styles of headset - Heavy Weight/Single Muff, Heavy Weight/Double Muff, Middle Weight/Single Muff, Middle Weight/Double Muff, and Lightweight.

My headset of choice these days if I'm going to stock up on a single style are the Sennheiser HMD-46, it's a dual-muff middle-weight headset, but it can be left ear or right ear, and one of the ears can flip up so it becomes a pseudo-single muff. It allows me to carry one less headset type. It is also my most requested headset out of the stock when I carry them on a rig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back