New here, ran my 1st successful show this weekend!

JustMike

I run a small festival every year and thought about better lighting this year. I must have tried 6-7 of them and nearly chose M-PC as we have 2 pro lighting guys we can get tips from. Ultimately it was all in my hands and I ended up going with MagicQ. To each his own but personally I found MagicQ the easiest for a beginner like me. I used a DMXking artnet I picked up used for $100 but recetly bought the 5hr Magicdmx dongle. It runs for only 5hrs at a time but for $18 you can't go wrong. Chamsys was pretty good when it came to getting fixture profiles (the call personalities) that were not in the daily updated library. Now that I've got my feet wet with my 1st successful show last weekend I am considering getting into MagicQ more, as for a wing I had no problem with a touch screen monitor. The miniwing was only $50 to rent if that didn't work out. I almost bought D-PRO and almost used Freestyler X2 for those of you with simple needs do look.
Cheers!
Mike

I run a small festival every year and thought about better lighting this year. I must have tried 6-7 of them and nearly chose M-PC as we have 2 pro lighting guys we can get tips from. Ultimately it was all in my hands and I ended up going with MagicQ. To each his own but personally I found MagicQ the easiest for a beginner like me. I used a DMXking artnet I picked up used for $100 but recetly bought the 5hr Magicdmx dongle. It runs for only 5hrs at a time but for $18 you can't go wrong. Chamsys was pretty good when it came to getting fixture profiles (the call personalities) that were not in the daily updated library. Now that I've got my feet wet with my 1st successful show last weekend I am considering getting into MagicQ more, as for a wing I had no problem with a touch screen monitor. The miniwing was only $50 to rent if that didn't work out. I almost bought D-PRO and almost used Freestyler X2 for those of you with simple needs do look.
Cheers!
Mike
Oh, one BIG factor was the visualizer! Love it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back