New Job

HCP1

Greetings, Controlbooth.com. I found you while Googling for some info. Have spent the past 25 years working in stage, facility and operations management. Recently hired to help get a new Community College Performing Arts Center off the ground - anticipated opening next spring. Major tasks right now - develop policies and procedures book and tech info packet, book first act for gala opening and specify tech package (lighting, sound, goods, equipment - the whole nine). The venue will split between college functions, presenting touring companies and a rental house.
While I've worked in a lot of theatres, I'm a little anxious about being responsible for outfitting this one and for the booking responsibility. Advice welcome.

Welcome to the booth.

The search function can be very useful in hunting down specific information, though we do have a nasty habit of going off on tangents.:twisted:

As for advice on equipping your new venue, it would help us if you could narrow that down into specific areas. That way we can all focus on one issue at a time.

Welcome to the Booth HCP! I've spent the last three years, serving on a community college theater design committee, overseeing construction, placed in charge of purchasing all tech equipment, installing most of it, figuring out what is wrong with the building and how to fix it, etc. We officially opened in February and we are now about 95% functional. What a long road of pain and tears my friend. Or facility is going to be about half campus and half outside rentals. Send me a a private message with any questions. I've got answers and horror stories a plenty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back