new lamps

ship

Senior Team Emeritus
Premium Member
Luckily the rented Cyber 2.0 fixtures were coming with spares as when I saw the spares pull sheet today for a show leaving... today I almost hit the roof. MSR 2000SA/SE, that the same as a MSR 2000/SA lamp in stock at my local supplier given I don't stock it and would have to send a runner? Hmm, not yet on the Philips website, know the specifications of the MSR 2000SA but not that of the SA/SE - sucks when manufacturers take months to upgrade their websites, this much less once discontiued or changed, at times they just make dissappear lamps from existance.

New lamps and concepts. No, not an Osram rep. or specilizing in them just get more info out of them than others and they are not any better in installing info onto their website.

Osram ANSI GLG HP-375 is a HPL similar 375w lamp designed for the Selcon efficiency needs for an other than HX-400 filament with cc-8, to have a c-13D filament more similar to a HPL filament for their needs. I never saw a problem with the HX-400 or HX-401 lamp in efficiency but that was with Altman 3.5Q fixtures. A long life HP-375 is TBA. Should be better in point source efficiency for lower lamp wattage types as offered.

EMH line of moving light lamps.

Economical Metal Hallide. So as to compete with the Eiko or Devine lines of lamps, Osram discontinued their long life Ultra Line versions of lamps (in not selling) and went with a China made Economy EMH line of lamps. A few lamp versions so far and much different than that of the line versions, much a disappointment in if the market wants cheaper lamps over better quality lamps, it’s a sorry state. I would think even club owners would prefer longer life lamps that don't require them to pull out a ladder as much so as to change them over cheaper lamps but even for the clubs I sell to, even with education about the lamps they are buying, the still tend to stick with a cheaper lamp or that lamp specified by the manufacturer. On the other hand for the double ended 575w version, there is a higher color temperature 7,5K version that will trick the eye in intensity over that of what is otherwise available, this even if overall lamp life is less. Big dissappointment is them going with a EMH 150w/SE/70 that's similar to a Trackspot HTI 150w lamp but not a HTI 152w which is longer in lamp life. Less lamp life, CRI and output but cheaper as normal with economy lamps. Higher color temperature than any other trackspot lamp though which also means that while it will trick the eye often in seeming brighter but also mean the place installed will have to repace all lamps or the other fixtures will seem dim in comparision. Club owners buy like 50x lamps every few months of the HTI 152 per location, not seeing it a viable option for them in already having given up punch for lamp life. EMH 250w/SE/80, EMH 575/SE/75, EMH 575w/DE/60, EMH 575w/DE/75 the other lamps so far of the economy line.

Robie has their plasma lamp moving light fixtures out and while their color wheels don’t allow for higher than tungsten color temperature at this point, (minor upgrade), they are bright and long life. Wasn’t there also a plazma Leko invented?

Finally, new press release:
OSRAM Opto Semiconductors presents first OLED light source: The Orbeos panel combines energy savings, quality light and design
Orbeos is an interesting concept similar to the Rosco Light Mat, but different. Could be interesting in other companies have other matts of light or flat panels of light but the intensity of this might be better or more useful in advancing the industry I'll be play testing soon.

Other Interesting products.

Just got in some techie magnet "what's this" Feit brand LED MR-16 GU-10 line voltage lamps. Techie Magnet in that while I have lots of type of LED fixtures boxed up on the same shelf for prototype samples, these are with better more holographic packaging that catches the eye. Just starting to get into the whole LED thing - kicking and screaming into it and wattage/output a huge factor every month improved upon so as to say what’s best. The Feit MR-16 lamps on the other hand are GU-10 and 120v line voltage as opposed to others I have that are 12v low voltage which is a bit more limited in use. This especially the 12v Halco version of a LED PAR 36 which don’t fit in most fixtures. Hard to test a lamp if it won’t fit. LED is the way to go, at an arm’s length I’m trying to keep up with them in advancement. What is it 4w or 6w the highest power at this point?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back