The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

New Leatherman LED flashlight

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by gafftaper, May 4, 2008.

1. gafftaper

gafftaper Senior Team Senior Team Fight Leukemia

Theater Manager & T.D.
    Just saw this bad boy at Costco tonight for $30. Uses a Cree LED... doesn't say how many watts on the package but does claim 145 lumens. 6AAA batteries... looks a lot like a fat Surefire. It's not listed on the Leatherman website so this may be a Costco only product. Comes with a nice belt pack.

By the way Leatherman is celebrating their 25th anniversary. To celebrate, they have released a STERLING SILVER multi-tool for only $500!. They also have a contest going with a grand prize of a trip to Portland to hang out with Tim Leatherman and go Salmon fishing in Van's back yard. You can enter from the website.

2. salsa88

salsa88 Member

That is a great looking leatherman!!

3. Dustincoc

Dustincoc Active Member

I like my light and multitool to be separate, that way I can have light when I'm fixing something in the dark backstage within feet of the audience.

4. gafftaper

Theater Manager & T.D.
    Wasn't clear... the original post was a flashlight made by Leatherman, not a multi-tool with a flashlight built in. Oddly it doesn't seem to be listed on either Costco or Leatherman's website. Maybe it's just a product they are testing in a few stores to see how it sells.

5. flashdix

flashdix Member

I think that is a good looking LED flashlight guys... How is the efficiency??

6. gafftaper

Theater Manager & T.D.
    I haven't seen any sign of this flashlight at Costco, on Costco's website, at the Leatherman Factory Store (in Portland, OR), or on the Leatherman website since I saw it a year ago in this original post. It appears to have been some sort of test product that is long gone. I wish I would have picked one up they looked cool.:cry:

7. gafftapegreenia

gafftapegreenia CBMod CB Mods

Prop-tart
    Those lights were a Costco exclusive, and yes they are no longer available.

Leatherman recently released their Serac line of LED lights, which I believe are made by Fenix. I wouldn't mind an Serac S3

I have also heard an economy line is in development.