New LED fixtures have arrived

BillESC

We just received a new load of LED fixtures from Irradiant the US distributor for Neo-neon. I must say upon quick inspection I'm quite pleased at their build quality and brightness.

I haven't had a chance to test all of them but can tell you the Par 56 with 24 one watt LEDs impressed me considering its cost. In the upcoming weeks, as time allows, I'll post some pictures comparing several of the models along with the specifications. What an exciting era we're entering.

I think I speak for a lot of us when I say we eagerly await more info.

Can you tell us more about Neo-Neon as a company? There's been the rumor that they are an OEM for Elation and others. You know the reputation of Chinese products around here. I would love to hear from your experience how Neo-Neon is different and worth looking at. What made you chose to become a dealer of their products vs. all the other Chinese stuff?

Also Might I suggest you set up a demo and let that LED gear run non-stop for an extended period of time to test it's long term durability. That's probably the biggest concern we all have.

... Also Might I suggest you set up a demo and let that LED gear run non-stop for an extended period of time to test it's long term durability. That's probably the biggest concern we all have.
A month or two in a busy lighting shop will tell that tale.

Several are up and running in our showroom as I type. Since they draw so little energy, I'll run them 24/7.

Neo-Neon was founded in 1978 and now employs in excess of 15,000 people. They have just completed construction of their new 100,000 square meter state-of-the-art factory. The products come with one or more of the following certifications: CE, UL, ETL, TUV, CSA and other country specific certifications.

It is obvious they are the OEM for many of the "re-branded" products being offered here in the US.

Thanks Bill! We eagerly await your opinions comparing them to other LED and conventional products. Especially that 100Watt LED... did you get one of those or did you just get the PARs?

I brought in 5 different Pars and was backordered on a 5w gobo projector. I would loved to have ordered more of the product line but we have too much money owed to us from the school market that we won't see until September.

Hey Bill do you have an update on how the Neo-Neon's are working out? Had a chance to do any shootouts to compare their performance to say a conventional and one of the $100-ish LED Pars yet?

Hey Bill do you have an update on how the Neo-Neon's are working out? Had a chance to do any shootouts to compare their performance to say a conventional and one of the $100-ish LED Pars yet?

While I am not bill, I do work for a neo-neon distributor and have my hands on them. I did not do a real scientific shoot out, but they seem to pack a pretty similar punch to all the other $100-$200 range LED pars out there.

I've been playing a bit. The build quality is consistant with the other offerings from ADJ and Chauvet (should be, same factory IMHO.)

The most impressive feature is the price. Cost on Irrandiant's fixtures is running around 20% less than for the same fixture from ADJ.

My time at the moment is very limited, I have the Bay Seafood Festival, North Umberlands Market Days, Historic Christ Church's Music Festival and a new lighting control system to install at St. Clair Walker school's auditorium. All of which are between now and Sept. 7th.

Anything more on that 100 watt LED mover that was introduced by N-N ?

Bill,

When you have more time to examine the LED fixtures thoroughly, could you please view them through a video camera to see if they flicker, especially while dimmed? Many of the cheaper LED fixtures I've seen flicker really bad on video and therefore are useless for that medium. I'd be interested to see how these new ones perform.

Thanks!

I miss-spoke (typed)

Irradiant does offer the Solar Ray which features 90 three watt LEDs (72 white, 18 amber) and also the Sun Wash which features 49 three watt LEDS (42 white, 7 amber)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back