New Leviton Boards

soundlight

As mentioned in a previous post about LDI, Leviton has come out with its own line of lighting consoles. After checking out the marketing brochure, I think that they could work really well if the button layout works well and the console is reliabe memory-wise (no dead backup batteries like colortran). It's got ML and Conventional control, and the top models have touchscreens. I like the 48-sub models...24 subs for conventional and 24 ML sequence/positions subs is how I'd set it up. Hmmm...maybe I should try to get a demo of this console for a rock show that I'm doing this spring...that would be amazing.

New Leviton Consoles

can't pass judgement really, i'm not qualified, but it looks as if they're just another member of a growing pack. i didn't look all that different from the hundreds of board out there.

Ian,

A lot like audio sound mixers. There's really only a few layouts that make sense. It's the software and quality of the hardware that differentiates one product from the other.

It looks like Leviton has put together a pretty nice product. I hope the language isn't as counter-intuitive as the Strand 520i that I have grown to know and love. I still think that if I were to go out and buy any new board today, it would be an ETC... although the Strand is making its way up my list the more I use it.

I wonder what the pricing for the Levitons is going to be.

Well, considering that the only download that they have on the site is the marketing brochure (no datasheet, manual, or specs yet), I wouldn't expect it out for a while. February sounds about right. Some time first quarter 2007.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back