New main act curtain vendor

Hey Everyone,

Our main act curtain has seen better days and we are looking to replace it. Traditionally I order from Rose Brand and there isn't a problem but this is a public school based theatre and the cost crosses a threshold where multiple quotes from business that are based in our state are required. I'm always a little nervous ordering something from vendors I am unfamiliar with, especially when the item we order is going to last longer in that space then I will! Has anyone ever dealt with Northeast Stage out of Manasquan, NJ? If so, what are your experiences like and the quality of the product?

Thanks,
Joe

Not familiar with them. But there is also IWeiss, located in NJ as well. My School district isn't "HARD" on must go with cheapest price. It's mostly about doing do accounting diligences and making sure you aren't getting fleeced over what ever your "multiple quote dollar value" cap is.

Sometimes you can play the game and write something into the specs that pretty well narrows it down to your preferred vendor as well. Could be warranty length, fabric density, color, type of fire proofing, I'm betting someone
at your preferred vendor could help you. That's the kind of thinking that got us 500 dollar aircraft toilet seats too, but sometimes there really is a difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back