New member in Alaska.

DeanBrady

As seems to be a popular opening: I have used this site to help me MANY times, so I registered!
I started out as an actor, and still trod the boards here and there, back in HS in the late 70's.
I went to Technical school in California (PCPA Theaterfest) and learned a lot with manual/analog/incandescents.
I have been working professionally for year, and settled in Anchorage, Alaska.
It seems that the lighting design/technical students get their degree and then leave, because there are only a few of us designing lights up here.
The Performing Arts Center houses 3 theaters and a black box. It's technically up to date. But then the other theaters, and black boxes (Cyrano's, The Fur Rondy Melodrama, Anchorage Community Theatre, Midnight Sun Performing Arts, Alaska Theater of Youth) are where I'm comfortable, since they are mostly "old School" incandescent. As far as I know every theater and space up here is using ETC Control Boards, (and boy, do I dislike the ETC SmartFade 2496 up at Alaska Pacific University, Grant Hall.) so that's nice since you can hop around between venues and feel comfortable on them.
I've been busy designing for Anchorage Community Theater for the last 3 years, and learning some about the DMX/LED aspects.

I love this forum,
~Dean

Reactions: Van

Users who are viewing this thread

Back