Raktor

Hey,

Not good with introductions, but bullet points simplify things.

• 16 year old
  • Melbourne, Australia
  • Part time computer technician, when I'm not at school (Year 11)
  • I do lighting/audio/multimedia
  • Curious about stage management
  • Lighting designer/operator for the Australian premiere of High School Musical (Technically, as stated by MTI/Hal Leonard. Although it wasn't really the premiere...)
  • Volunteer myself out a lot to local amateur groups and events to gain experience from the 'big guys'
  • Mainly into lighting, but more the technical side rather than the creative side
  • Dislike school politics where staff members who know less than students make all the technical decisions
  • Dislike students complaining about the above

Welcome aboard! I usually perform a short interrogation, but I'll leave that to Gaff & company.

Hello fellow australian, there's a few of us on board. The questions that get asked are:
Do you have a website? If so post it, we are a nosey bunch.
Can you tell us where you work?
You seem to have told us what you do. Read the threads use the search engine and don't be afraid to ask questions, none of us bite, well, there's Gafftaper but if you wear gloves when you pat him you should be alright.
There is some interest as to which side of the pirate/ninja battle you might stand on and at the moment we are not discussing metric measurements.
Just remember these heathens from the US use 120v and have so many different connectors you need to carry around a picture book to keep track.

Welcome aboard! Answer what you can, ask what you want. Those are my best words of advice. Well those and, try to ignore Hughsie and Gafftaper, they can be .........Odd. :twisted:

I'm not Odd I'm EVEN!!
at least that's what the man in the white coat says my medication is for

Welcome to the Booth! Ask questions if you have them and share what you know. Get to know the search function there is a METRIC ton of information already available in the archives. There are lots of nice people around here who are eager to encourage and teach young technicians to develop their skills. We also have fun once in a while.

[*]Dislike school politics where staff members who know less than students make all the technical decisions
[*]Dislike students complaining about the above
[/LIST]

The world is usually managed by those who don't know how to operate anything and operated by those who aren't in charge of anything.

The world is usually managed by those who don't know how to operate anything and operated by those who aren't in charge of anything.

Is that like the old saying;
" We, the unwilling,
Led by the unkowing,
Have done so much,
with so little,
for so long,
that we are now capable
of doing anything, with nothing."

Sadly I have to say get used to it. It doesn't go away in college, in the working world, on Broadway, in theater or not in theater... 80 years from now when you are in a home and just need a little medicine so you can spend your last days in peace, someone who has no idea what your problem is will be deciding if you get that medicine or not.

We all hate it but that's the way it works. So learn to work with it and change what you can and accept what you can't change.

Learn to work with it and change what you can and accept what you can't change.
The serenity prayer-
"Dear God,
Grant me the serenity to accept
the things I cannot change;
Courage to change the
things I can;
And wisdom to
know the difference."

The serenity prayer-
"Dear God,
Courage to change the
things I can;
And wisdom to
know the difference."

I lIke this version as well,
""Dear God, grant me the serenity to prioritize
the things I cannot delegate,
the courage to say 'no' when I need to,
and the wisdom to know when to go home."

Isn't there an old T.D.'s version that goes...

"Dear God,
Courage to change the things I can;
And wisdom to know where to hide the bodies."

raktor.net is my personal site - Links to all of my other homes around the internet where I can be found. BSoD is an IPTV show that I'm the web developer of, and I contribute segments occasionally.

I work at just a local computer store; fixing and building new computers.

Tech-wise, I do things with school, local theatre groups etc. I mainly end up doing their shows in the Frankston Arts Centre or George Jenkins Theatre.

Metric > Imperial.

240v > 120v.

he welcome to the site, fellow melbournite

don't mind gafftaper, he doesn't bite...hard (enless you state that metric is better than 1900's imperial :) )
and im not that bad either

it's good to have another young aussie

Last edited:
This could be dangerous having two young Aussies from the same city around here... Wait a minute... I believe I've quite conclusively proven that Jervas is an invisible friend of Logos, created to bolster his side of the great metric war. We may need to do some more research here to prove that Hughesie isn't having a similar mental break down. For all I know everyone in Oz may have an invisible friend who likes to post.

Raktor are you sure you are your own individual entity and not a repressed personality trapped in someone else's body?

:grin:

Yeah, have to say that I'm my own individual entity; there are more than five people in Australia. ;)

Well, so we tell the rest of the world anyway.

Now I really resent that! To say that i'm a creation from Logos' mind is very much denegrating me and overrating his mind!! ;-) just kiddin mate.

Welcome Rak - another soldier in the army of southern light! Have at these 120V lovers with everything you've got. ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back