New Product Breakfast

dvsDave

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Senior Team
CB Mods
Fight Leukemia
First up is BTX, a manufacturer and distributor of interconnect products, like fiber and smtpe. They make all their own gear, including the world's toughest HDMI cable. I'll try to get a picture of it in their booth later.

Next up is City Theatrical, talking about expanding the Multiverse system, including native receiver modules to be integrated into fixtures at the factory.

QolorFlex 5x2.5A multiverse dimmers and a 2x2.5a versio

They also showed off a small chip that you can integrate into your own projects.

Next up, Doug Fleenor Design.

DIN mounted 16 universe Ethernet to DMX box.

We'll get more details at his booth 1759

(Next year, they will finally get the booth number they always wanted... 512)

Last edited:
Chauvet is up next.

Maverick Storm 1 spot, IP65, and when the fixture is off, it automatically puts a frost element in the optical path to protect the emitters from direct sunlight.

Chamsys is up next and they make a point of sayings pronounced CAM-SYS. Three new consoles, a compact line.
  1. MQ50. 6 universe console.
  2. MQ70 flagship, designed to fit in overhead bins on planes. 24 universes (exp up to 48) touchscreen,
  3. MQ80, desktop 48 universe.

Pixmob is up next, wristband based crowd lighting. Very bright. Last year, they introduced a infrared fixture that can paint data to the wristbands. Now they can create live groupings by "painting" areas in the crowd, and triggering effects from the lighting console.

Their wristbands are going to 100% recycled plastic, starting in March.

Next up is Follow Me Tracking solutions. The video crapped out and the host is vamping, and he's killing it.

High End systems just took the stage instead. They are talking about the solapix, a multicell washlights, each cell is individually mapped and and has independent irises. Three models, 7, 19 and 37 (which is MASSIVE).

Next up Christie Digital.

Talking about their holistic approach, software, hardware,.content. their RGB 3LP projectors have a much larger color space than anything else. New 4K ultra short throw lens and a control software that's I'll contr up to 256 projectors. Designed for EXPO 2020, the main dome uses 252 4k - 40k lumen projectors!

Minuit Une is a French manufacturer that makes the IVL square and I will have to find a video to explain this thing, it's unreal. Laser emitter, 3R laser, acts and looks like a light, no variance needed.

Interactive Technologies is up, they do cue stations, DIM boxes, cue server, plays back programmed designs.

They are launching Cue Server 4.0 software, you can now publish a touchscreen interface to any web accessable device. Laptop, mobile, tablet, etc. IoT interface, with plugins to interface with AccuWeather, HUE, IFTTT, Lutron Q5, and more. Now natively speaks JavaScript to add logic to your project, including being able to create your own plugin to interface with external APIs.

Madrix LES controls is up next. Latest software MADRIX 5.2, can control up to 2048 universes. Now supports SPOUT, a real time video sharing system. Also supports NDI, overlay, then pass on the combined signal as NDI. Blackmagic native support.

Jmaz, showing off a high wattage, battery powered moving head. 8 hours runtime, can connect an external battery pack to extent time another 4 hours. 19 LED, 190w fixture.

LEX is up. Celebrating 30 years. Showing off their latest products is the TRUE1 Tee, allows a non-TRUE1 to Daisy chain into a TRUE1 system!

Showing off their LOpSTer trap, as well, will get more details about that later.

Modscenes is up. They now have a DMX Voice. A motor system for moving luminieres . Orb, tube, and cube shapes. Very cool. 20 inches per second movement speed.

Lexium lighting is showing off a tuneable white house light, PAR64 retrofit. New PAR30 houselight, wireless DMX controlled.

Follow Me is back. Follow Me 3D and follow me traxxis.

One camera can follow multiple actors which can be followed by multiple lights. One operator per performer.

Can also use traxxis beacons and sensors to automate the system. 20 users simultaneously.

Works with any console and moving fixture.

NILA, makes film and television lighting, heavy focus on environmentally friendly manufacturing. They also have a buy-back recycling program. Their product line is designed to replace HMI ENG lights up to Stadium lighting.

@Rob is onstage with Pathway. Their new booth is interactive. Their big emphasis is security, protecting the network, and making sure only the authenticated users and devices can run on the network. Will follow-up with Pathway in their booth later.

Reactions: Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back