New Products from L&E

gafftapegreenia

CBMod
CB Mods
So, from time to time I check the websites of the different manufacturers to see whats new. Well, L&E re-designed their upscale fresnels know as the 'EDGE' series. (Not the ones that look like the 65Q, but rather their extruded aluminum fresnels)

Anyway, not only did they overhaul these fixtures, but they are now offering P/C SPOTLIGHTS in 4.5 and 6 inch models. Their list prices are $250 and $295, respectively.

Not only that, but they are advertising the EDGE 4.5 inch frensel for use with 575 watt lamps. I find that exciting.

Nice move, L&E.

great, a new supplier of lenses for my up coming box light project. Didn't see the fixtures or know about them, thanks for bringing it up. On the other hand, just got their Soco flat cable yesterday. It's a cool thing though I hope it never goes bad because I don't even want to attempt to fix it. Also love their black cube taps, though their twofers leave something to be desired in my opinion.

TMB has a series of PAR 36 fixtures out there that are also worth mention as being a good thing - this given the upgrade to them.

I've got several of the Acclaim 4" lens Fresnel from Selecon. In this country 240v 500w or 650w. They are a great little light for small theatres and black box studio's. I don't know what your 120v version would be like but can't imagine it's any different. They have a good wide angle beam and great colour temperature.

I know about the Selecons, we've talked about P/C's alot on this board. Just wanted to bring this new L&E offering to the table.

Ship, PAR 36 or PAR 38?

Last edited:
Not on their website at the moment. Was a PAR 36 w. transformer as if a pinspot but more a rock & roll shape & heavy construction including gel frame.

In play testing, there were some tolerence wee problems so the rest of the line was pulled. If I remember correctly one brand of lamp would fit, all others would not. This and there was some structure type issues.

Still it's a interesting fixture and should be back out on the market soon I'm sure.

A PAR 36 with gel frames?!?! Is that even legal?

Haha, can't wait to see this line.

I am inquiring about an old post on the controlbooth sight. I recently bought ten Acclaim fresnels and don't have gel frames for them. I love the lights and really would like to find gel frames. Do you have any suggestions?

4 7/8" x 4 7/8" (125mm x 125mm) is an odd size, but any Philips/Strand/Selecon dealer should be able to get them for you. Part# 20CFMF. ~$10 each.

7421-new-products-l-e-20cfmf.jpg

Acclaim range colour frame

Attachments

• 20cfmf.jpg
    20cfmf.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 270
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back