New Products Unveiled at CUE: ETC GIO, LED S4

Another thought is it could be something not lighting based. They branched out with automated rigging packages why not branch out some more. Could be some sort of video control system or maybe a sound console:rolleyes:

Image enhancement reveals it to actually be an Express running Ion:

proxy.php

It's the new ExpressION. :mrgreen:

I hope Steve, Anne, and the rest of the crew survive this thread!
Remember we kid because we care. ;)

It's the new ExpressION. :mrgreen:

I hope Steve, Anne, and the rest of the crew survive this thread!
Remember we kid because we care. ;)

:) Product Development is not for the thin-skinned! We actually appreciate the interest being shown. Cue attendance is actually looking really good. In fact, we just made the decision to effectively double the capacity for the Monday console training courses, as we had to start putting people on waiting lists several weeks ago. We are very excited about that!

Regarding the product launch, we just thought is was a nice way to say 'thank you' to the people taking the time to come to visit us!

Anne Valentino
Eos Product Line Manager
ETC

My bets are on the new "road-ready ION" as I heard it described. An ION with built-in monitor(s) and faders. That would be great because it would simplify things for rental shops. Not having to send out ION, fader wing, 2 LCD17s, and an accessory package to end the world. It's 4 roadcases vs. 1, and I can guarantee the 1 will be smaller than the 4 put together. I think that I heard the working name "GEO" tossed around at some point if this is the console that I think it is. Can't quite remember, though.

Well if the blurred object was to follow what's in common on the desk, three consoles, then it might be another console. However the blur doesn't at all match the shape of the bedsheeted object.

And was much to small. Unless the new product is a new product line and that happened to be a RFU or similar device for that console.

Well let's say the device was smaller. In this case (I'm guessing), the marketing gurus wouldn't want to have a giant picture with a tiny product right? You'd make it appear larger

I really (really, really, really) wish that I could go to CUE. Not because of the console release but because it would be a fun experience. After the light show that I programmed on the ION (Live & Let Die) that got some attention from ETC, it would be awesome to meet the people that I talked to. I enjoy learning things so much that I would eat up the console trainings and everything else like none other. But, finances being what they are, I can't even afford to get there, much less actually pay for the conference or accommodations or anything like that. Oh well, tis what it is, I'll have to go sometime in the future if I get a raise and there isn't a gig that weekend and my car holds out for a couple more years.

Not to say I'm not looking forward to seeing what this console is!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back