Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Senior Team
CB Mods
Fight Leukemia
proxy.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, thats awesome. WANT

Is the ratcheting head steel or aluminum?

don't know, will ask tomorrow.

Where can I get one and how much?

No, I won't steal you one, but the price was 100 if I remember correctly. I'll stop by the booth and ask for clarification on the materials of the ratchet mechanism.

I'll have to think about getting one at next year's LDI. I have the old non-ratcheting version which has been incredibly useful over the last year. I hardly ever use a c-wrench anymore. I just wish they weren't so expensive.

I talked to Rob Junk and he told me that the ratcheting mechanism is 4041 Steel. The wrench will break before the ratchet (around 300 foot pounds of torque)

So I purchased one before Christmas, I got an email from Production Advantage earlier this week...
Ultimate Ratcheting Focus Tool Update

Rob just called us from Stage Junk to let us know that there is at least another 3 week delay for shipment.

The latest tool did not meet the manufacturer’s high standard of approval. The few customers that have already received their product can be assured that their Ultimate Ratcheting Focus Tool passed all inspections.

We know that this fantastic tool will be worth the wait, but if you wish to cancel your order, please reply to this email or call us at 1-800- and speak with a CSR.

Its already been over a month... whats another three weeks... :evil:

i have one and i absolutely love it. One little irritating thing is it doesnt work really well on the small pan screw on the C-clamp, but everything else is wonderful.

Fun thing I learned while chatting with Rob yesterday: the ratchet mechanism is made by Wright Tool in Barberton Ohio. It is based directly off the mechanism of Wright's Series 80 ratchets. Wright makes some tough tools, so learning of that connection dispelled any worry about strength I might have had. His other tools are all machined locally in Ohio by a few different shops.

And I know some people out there think he's getting super rich off these tools, but he said he actually lost money the first few years due to lawyers fees. I guess UFT's just aren't iPads.

Patents are expensive, and so are machine shops when they're making small runs of custom parts since you still have to pay for all of the setup time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back