New Roadie Web Site www.roadierags.com

Links section used to be accessible from the front page, but then Dave disabled the front page for upgrades, so if/when Dave sees this, could he care to tell us where to find the links section these days?

Sorry, guys, the links section went totally kaput on the last upgrade. I've got to reinstall the whole package and reconfigure it (which is really, really tedious because of the way the links software is designed)

Well I guess that is where the links section is... Bummer.I am sure that it will be back on the air soon, I know that I for one appreciate all the effort you put into this site Dave. Cheers.

One of my favourite ones -

"Less lipback, more feedback" (For sound) :D

All the spelling and grammar mistakes are very unprofessional, and very annoying. At least to me they are.

Your not the ownly on who thinks that.

I'd maybe have bot one, but the improper use of your and you're cost them a sale.

I'd maybe have bot one, but the improper use of your and you're cost them a sale.

I take it that the spelling and grammatical errors are there to make a point?

Before I say anything Len....take notice to your quote above...see any TYPOS OR UNPROFESSIONAL SPELLING MISTAKES! I think you wanted to say """I'd maybe have bought one""" which is actually if you want to be technical and it seems you do, you should have said """I'd maybe have purchased one""" which is one of 3 spelling and grammatical mistakes. You made the fatal "your" error, spelled "only" incorrectly and also "bought", I guess I'm not the only one who need to remember to spell check am I?
As I had said before Sir, we as most of us here do..work in the biz, and we spent many late nights putting the site together, a few typos as yes they may be unprofessional, but are also expected. We are not perfect (like Riggers) we are human, and therefore foulable. We have addressed the few mistakes, and when I say that, I refer to the "Stagehand Logic" shirt, where there were 2 misuses of "your" and no the mistakes never made it to print, and 26 have already sold in the past 2 weeks. That is all we could find. If you noticed another, please tell us so we can address it ASAP. Now, as you have demonstrated for us, people when they type make mistakes, it happens to the best of us...we're human. Please don't take me wrong, I mean not to offend you in any way at all. I only try to make a point. In my 20+ years in the industry I have met, received correspondence and personally spoken to several people on the skill level ladder, from box pusher to executive producer, and never once did I meet someone who was grammatically perfect or never made an error or two. So please...lighten up. I am sorry that I lost your business, I hope I can regain it, but if not...well, thanks for at least taking the time to look through and more importantly read my site. I hope if nothing else that the funny shirts I offer gave you the slightest chuckle.
In all seriousness, everything we do at roadierags.com is in the name of fun and enjoyment. Take a pill, relax, enjoy a slam on the lighting guys, have fun laughing at the expence of others, life is too short to be so serious, that's not what my company is about. No hard feelings friend. Hope you had a safe and happy Thanksgiving, and best wishes this holiday season, never know what Santa will leave for you under the tree...a Rolex...a shackle, a spanking new Yamaha PM5000, or maybe if you're (or is it your) really lucky and sweet rag from roadierags.com
Thanks for being a good sport.
The Swag Hag
Owner RoadieRags.com

I wouldn't believe you lost Len's business, good guy who also has been in the biz many a year. Also a person that while his site was gramatically correct, found a square hole initially in posting at times. Hope the two of you get on the same page soon in an attempt to help the new generation into the industry. I know with me at times I let my fingers do the walking and at times sound offensive but it's well meaning and not really intended to be so. Patch it up off line, too small an industry.

Dave, before you get the weblinks up and running again, contact me at work and I'll send you my latest weblinks listing (it's frequently updated thus the newest one is always at work). It would have to be manually converted to which you would no doubt need someone to do so but at this point, eight pages of single spaced Word Perfect 7pt text links in hyperlink & descriptions of what they do would be useful but time consuming to convert.

Roadie Rags, welcome to the site. Is this the same company that is doing shirts attached to the rear doors of touring trailers? Cool shirts but you don't see them unless it's the end truck in the dock and the crew goes outside during a break. Wonder how many shirts get lost in this practice? This given it's no doubt the best way to get a sale - shirts on the doors of the touring trailer. Or perhaps better yet shirts within the first four feet of the inside of the trailer on both sides and behind plexiglass. Granted you would have to work around load strap rails but beyond the web, I would think doors open and truck in the dock, the best way to advertise your gig stuff would be to contact the various trucking companies and negotiate how to get your product inside the touring semi-trailers.

Say within that first four feet, under plexiglass and between the rails your various shirts and plexiglass with the website advertised. Perhaps even the drivers being the sales people with a lock box with various sizes of shirt as a concept that could be worked out with some of the drivers and trucking companies. This of course given at times a certain amount of swag that might be required to help get the truck un-loaded or loaded properly and in a proper and timely way.

It's a good concept anyway that I have seen - them rear inside doors that are normally open and not as much seen which could be better placed inside the area those un-loading the truck would better see. This given perhaps that some teamster type shirts might also be good to do beyond this. Something like I put the colored dot on the box where you want it, mess with me and your dotted box winds up in the gallery. Or I get paid more than you do and cannot be fired, are you telling me how to operate my fork truck, or would you rather file a grievance that we might or might not pay? Whats' a few holes anyway, adds ventilation. More realistically, mess with me and I'll change the production location coloring indicators (dots or gaff tape) of your boxes behind your back.

Realistically, our guys also love bumper stickers - this especially the "send me on tour" types of bumper sticker and other like types. Say a new one, "shop pay sucks, send me on tour." It would no doubt also sell well and a to be seen thing in a shop's parking lot as per a statement to the management.

Might if offering bumperstickers also resale or do the various miliary type ones. I know every car I have ever owned has had the simple gold round version of the Marine Corps sticker in the area of it's bumper on the drivers side. It's a way of telling who serverd in the branch and who did not. Simple small gold sticker telling who is past verses bumpers covered with them for those who are still in that branch. Other branches of the service also have similar bumper sticker types that would be often common with tech people common purchases. Amazing how many past miliatary types are techies these days.

Further thing would be to contact the various National Guard and Reserve type military units and ask if they might wish for their battalion symbol and say their gun or tank etc. symbol on the rear of the shirt. Perhaps even with a signature such as mine had "the blazing gun." Before that, it was The Naked Gun". Comical type printings could be done also for such things as the above. Bunch of naked guys serving a big cannon for instance. Goes beyond the more normal Marine Corps say Bull Dog running from the front, and rear of un-nutered bull dog running from the rear of one shirt I remember. Best shirts for the military I had had my unit on the front and the cannon on the back.

It's a concept in further market - military types feel just as attached to their unit and say cannon as tech people their stage.

One for me if you will... let the fluorescent gaff tape get used by tech people and it will be much like actors getting ahold of of the glow tape. You get nothing - use the vinyl tape for your oneoff.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back