New Roadie Web Site www.roadierags.com

Just want to announce that my new site is up and running. It's a site for roadies, stagehands and everyone working in the biz. We sell t-shirts, shirts that are all about the humor that is a part of our sorted business and that only we seem to understand. I hope you check out our site and find something that will make you crack up! www.roadierags.com

Let me start by welcoming you to Controlbooth.

I think you would find that we would appreciate getting to know you a little, perhaps you might care to introduce yourself in the new members board. I have to admit that posting an ad as your first post has not made a good first impression as far as I am concerned.

Hope that we can look forward to your input in the forums.

Last edited:
All the spelling and grammar mistakes are very unprofessional, and very annoying. At least to me they are.

Chris- calm down!

Roadierags- commercial announcements are strictly prohibited in the code of conduct.

alright... that's no way to treat a new member regardless of their first post. Let's be civil about it. Chris15, your post could be construed as blunt, Radman, there wasn't even a "hello" in there, avkid, no need to fan the flames, and last but not least, roadierags... I appreciate the link, but like my other members stated, we don't post advertisements on this site. A "hello, I'm so and so.." on the new members forum with a little link to your site would be fine and I'm sure in a couple of weeks, a member of CB would have linked to your site anyway!

So, Welcome and Hello, roadierags... your site does look great and please PM me to see if there is anything your site and CB can do together in the future.

Thanks,
dvsDave
-webmaster of CB

Right. Whilst my original opinions still hold true, I have seen that I neglected to make my point diplomatically. Apologies. I have revised my initial post acoordingly.

Well, after reading all that...thanks for welcoming me here. Sorry about the advert, I'm just trying to get the word out to the masses. It's hard when the group you market to is small, but regardless, I did not mean to break the conduct code...please forgive.

Radman...I agree, mistakes are unprofessional and annoying, and I am getting them fixed as I find them. We too work in the business, and spend many late...I mean sun comming up late hours on the site working. Typos happen, We're not perfect, if we were...we'd be riggers...ha ha ha...but seriously, you are right. So I hope this can help me make ammends for my sins, and start off on a better foot with you all. Chris15...sorry it took me so long to get back to you all, but thanks for the welcome...dsvDave...i'll drop you a pm

Roadierags, no problems. My impressions have significanyly improved after that last post. It is when a poster posts an ad and then never return, I have zilch respect for them...

Hope we all can learn from you & you from us.

You're right, I seem to have completely forgotten my manners. Welcome, I hope you grow to love CB as much as I do! I was thinking about the webring or similar ideas when I posted that and was in my editor mind. Sorry for being so... cold.

Again, hello and welcome to CB! Be sure to put a post in the new members forun as well!

Code of conduct or no, I still apprieciate roadierags website. I've got to get a couple of those shirts. I'm thinking maybe Xmas gifts for a lot of my crew here. As a way of apologizing I think we're all entitled to a 30% discount right ?
Hey I've got to try I work in non-profit theatre.

Thanks for accepting my apology. So anybody have any ideas on how we can better promote my site? I do what I can at shows but suggestions are welcome. And is it ok if I place a CB link on my links page?

I see here that I might need to cater more the the Audio gang....throw some ideas for good Audio shirts, If I use it and put it in my shop I'll send ya the first one free!

One of my favorites..."Let's move some air"
I first heard that one out at a festival that I was working.

That's amazing. That would definitely go on my wish list.

"Touch the console and die."
"PERFECT MIX...The Sixth Sense."

Last edited:
Hey, Roadie Rags welcome to the site
don't worry about posting a link in your first post, people make mistakes like that all the time (i had a HUGE avatar that took up half a page, but everything is fine now)

also you might want to post the link in the links catagorie part
it's around here somewhere

Users who are viewing this thread

Back