New shop table saw?

I saw these first on discovery's time warp show maybe... 5 years ago? Time warp was a fun show, but here's the segment they did back then. Pretty neat to see it all slowed down.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Via tapatalk

I think its a great product but strongly resent and protest the Owners of the IP trying to have regulation pass that requires all saws be be equipped with this technology.

I agree, I'm sure its been discussed before but accidents are prevented by the user first and foremost. I've done 6 years in various shops with regular saws and no incidents because of good safety practices

Well, I'm almost 63, and the only tool I've tangled with or anyone on my watch has been a chisel and maybe a matte knife. I guess I don't respect hand tools like I do power tools. And embarrassed to say I've never had the guard on my personal table saw - but I don't let anyone else use it.

The warning in Fine Homebuilding is pretty good.

"Homebuilding is inherently dangerous. From accidents with power tools to falls from ladders, scaffolds, and roofs, builders risk serious injury and even death. We try to promote safe work habits through our articles. But what is safe for one person under certain circumstances may not be safe for you under different circumstances. So don't try anything you learn about here (or elsewhere) unless you're certain it is safe for you. Please be careful."

I think its a great product but strongly resent and protest the Owners of the IP trying to have regulation pass that requires all saws be be equipped with this technology.
It's certainly a feature that I think should be able to be specified for a government built project (in spite of just one availible manufacturer), but I think regulation requiring it would be going to far.

I agree. Definitely a conflict of interest (and potential monopoly). I don't even see a practical way to integrate this in to many tools like circular saws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And apparently Bosch's design won't damage the blade!....

Let's just see if one comes out before my end of the year money goes away... Getting really sick of having to borrow the wood shop's table saw.

Fall of 2015 :(

Money is gone at the end of the school year, and my dear governor is making it look like I won't see any next year. Finger crossed.

Finally, some sawstop competition! I love the Sawstop fit and finish, but dislike the price and the tactics the creator used originally. Hopefully this will bring more safety to the market without impacting capabilities.

It's a good thing Bosch put this on a folding contractor saw first, as those are the kind I'm most wary of.

Y'all could take some lessons from the dude in the video on proper contractor swagger I think.

These are great. You will need to know how to bypass the safety stop in order to use some foams, Green or wet wood can set it off as well as some Black paint. I believe black Super Sat will set it off, I believe it's the graphite?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back