New Show

Actually, the show isn't new but it is to me. In a month or so my school is putting on "You Can't Take It With You". I was wondering what i can be expecting being a SBO.

i haven't heard of the show before, but it all depends on if
1) size of your theater
2)Musical or not
3)possible SFX

Considering i don't know any of these, i can only say... reply and we'll see if we can help you out on what to expect!

Mike-(Senior in High School)

WOW ! that is an OLD warhorse. The only thing I can think of as far as a sound board op I can think of is a very loud explosion towards the end of the show. It's not really a show about sound it's a straight play. There is the weird son who plays the xylophone all the time, that might be run as a sound cue or it might need to be mic-ed other than that it going to be go for preshow music preshow out, go for intermission, intermision out, go for post show music, post show out, good show everybody let's do it again tomorrow.

Sam, expect it to be just a straight show. I don't think we're gonna mic any characters. Possibly do hanging mics but that depends on what Stowell says. It's mostly just going to be pre/post show music, intermission music, and sound effects.

WOW ! that is an OLD warhorse. The only thing I can think of as far as a sound board op I can think of is a very loud explosion towards the end of the show. It's not really a show about sound it's a straight play. There is the weird son who plays the xylophone all the time, that might be run as a sound cue or it might need to be mic-ed other than that it going to be go for preshow music preshow out, go for intermission, intermision out, go for post show music, post show out, good show everybody let's do it again tomorrow.
exactly what he said, we did it last year at my school, it was exactly that except for a few sound effects (some explosions and what not, and a door buzzer that i ran threw a monitor under the stair way that i 'accidently' played extra extra loud and made everyone in the cast jump about a foot in the air, but it fit the show really well.)
it was a real easy show, infact i ran both lights and sound for that show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back