New Student C.B. Donor Support Rate!

gafftaper

Senior Team
Senior Team
Fight Leukemia
I was talking with Dave about the fund raising campaign and suggested he add a student rate. So there is now a half price $15 a year rate for students to be able to help support the good work of Control Booth.

Do college students qualify for this discount rate? Here's the test to determine...
1) Is a wild Friday night Top Ramen, Water, and watching TV in the commons? Yes... you pay the $15 rate
2) Is a wild Friday night dinner, drinks, concert, and more drinks? Yes... you pay the $30 rate

Seriously, pay what you can without it being a hardship. If you are new to the Booth or can't afford it, please don't donate. This is a fund raising drive for the regular members who have been helped by the Booth and want to give back. There are plenty of us who do have the money who can make this happen.

So Donate today and thank you!

I went to donate and cant quite figure out why it costs more to donate if your in Canada?

At todays exchange $30USD should be $29.85 CDN not $34.50 CDN

When that gets updated ill donate for sure :D

JH

Ps. This isn't about the money it's that our dollar is higher then yours now lol.... and metric rules.

specifying concerts, eh... I feel like I have been picked out...

Well the jokes on you because I already donated the full amount!

JH...
You Canadians and your exchange rate. It used to be my wife and I could go to Vancouver for the weekend and live like kings! Everything was half price! Granted there was the 20% tax but it was still cheap. Now we can't afford to go up there!

Pie... Maybe I was thinking of you and maybe I wasn't ;) You donated... that's the important part.

lol... I think I've figured out how to keep the exchange rate fair on a day to day basis. I've eliminated the other currency options and just set it for the US dollar. Paypal will do the conversion at the current rate automatically from the host currency to the US dollar.

-David

Now Canadians can have the full power of our dollar at work.
Enjoy it while it lasts, it won't be for long.(in the span of history)

The way I (and many economic analysts) figure it a north American currency is less than 20 years away.

Hey at least someone finally is honoring the exchange rate, so many rates for canadians are set higher, and it doesn't matter what the exchange rate is.

I know the one bad thing about the canadian dollar rising rapidly is if it stays like this for nay period of time, the film industry will probably leave vancouver and other major film areas of Canada. They came here to keep cost down, but if it's cheaper in the states thats where they'll be.

Oooooh righ'! Come on down film guys, we got some space around Philly! ;)

Actually one of the key reasons they like Vancouver is the geography in British Columbia and Washington State. In less than a three hour drive they can send a truck out to shoot location footage in Fjords, prairies, ocean, beaches, desert, rain forest, mountain top, snow fields, you name it we've got it in this area. Something that can double for every climate zone on earth (or space) is located in this area. So they have the cheap studio rates of B.C. and the easy access to location footage.

But I digress from the topic at hand. Donate to support CB 3.0!

Haha, when hell freezes over. Gotta love crime in Philly.
I think the real kicker with Killadelphia is the murder rate. It's numbing. People get shot and killed all the time, it's a waste of news time now.
and to think that I might be voluntarily relocating there in the foreseeable future.
The state of Pennsylvania thanks you for the nice tourism promo.
:rolleyes:

I know the one bad thing about the canadian dollar rising rapidly is if it stays like this for nay period of time, the film industry will probably leave vancouver and other major film areas of Canada. They came here to keep cost down, but if it's cheaper in the states thats where they'll be.

Here is the truth of the situation. There is no way that Vancouver or Toronto for that matter is going to let the film industry leave just because the USD dollar is not worth as much.

The reason the film industry will not leave is tax credits. The government has this special ability to give major tax breaks for employing canadians in film and television production. The more Canadians a production employees the more of the film shot in Canada, and If the writer is Canadian. These tax credits add up. Huge discounts for the producers versus shooting in LA or NY.

And tax credits will just increase as the dollar falls. Anyone who thinks the USD has finished plummeting is soooo wrong. It's not that the Canadian dollar is getting more valuable It is that the American dollar is dropping in value. As the war and many other political and social events happen in the USA the debt is climbing the financial stability of the country is no longer strong.

But, this is the natural order of the world. There has never been a supper power state in history that has not been over thrown. So i guess we better start learning Cantonese :idea:

I didn't realize that was a student rate (I'm no longer a student.) But seeing as I only had $36 in my bank, I felt a little safer going with $15 instead of $30... *needs to find employment...*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back