New Techie in Community Theatre

Jonrob

Greetings All: I am looking forward to meeting everyone. After having a career in intellectual property law and helping our artists and muscians, I now have a chance to retire with "some tread left on me" and have been doing acting and tech support, mostly in sound. I am going to be looking for help as I learn and try to help the theatre company in which I am now involved. The big problem I have is that sound in our theatre is pretty bad. It is a proscenium but no mikes for actors. Aside from body mikes, is there another way to mike the stage that will improve things?

Welcome Jonrob! Glad to have you here. Be sure to check out the Wiki and Sound Forum, there are a lot of great threads about exactly what you are looking for. You may want to try "area micing" with a combination of shotgun mics, PCC's (or other types of boundary mics), and / or hanging mics. Feel free to search around using those key words to see what has already been discussed. If you have additional questions, do not hesitate to post your questions in the Sound Forum. We are always happy to help. Enjoy CB!

~Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back