new to Control Booth

Kahana

aloha, everyone!
i’m getting in deeper into tech than i ever suspected four years ago - i still aspire to be an actor, but the reality is that the competition is so great and compensation is so poor that my involvement in theatre often is in tech anf stage management.

after many yeRs as a musician, sound sound reinforcement and some minor recording, my current involvement in the arts is in community theater, small black box and some non-traditional settings, usually under 100 seats, sometimes as liw as 30. i started my lighting experience as a board operator on an ETC 24/48 Express, moved through some small DJ-oriented control boards, but finally acquired a Smartfade ML, which i hope to use for small theatrical productions, if and when i can’t be on the stage hahaha. i’m gradually acquiring instruments, and knowledge, both technical and artistic, but hesitate tonclaī the lofty title “Lighting Designer”.

amd considering going for a double MFA inacting and Technical Design (yeah, i need a serious reality check)i and hope to learn a lot here, from the simple and mundane, to the theorretical and artistic.

and on that note, i’m pau. (local vernacular for finished). omg, this is the worst bio i’ve written.

aloha, everyone!
i’m getting in deeper into tech than i ever suspected four years ago - i still aspire to be an actor, but the reality is that the competition is so great and compensation is so poor that my involvement in theatre often is in tech anf stage management.

after many yeRs as a musician, sound sound reinforcement and some minor recording, my current involvement in the arts is in community theater, small black box and some non-traditional settings, usually under 100 seats, sometimes as liw as 30. i started my lighting experience as a board operator on an ETC 24/48 Express, moved through some small DJ-oriented control boards, but finally acquired a Smartfade ML, which i hope to use for small theatrical productions, if and when i can’t be on the stage hahaha. i’m gradually acquiring instruments, and knowledge, both technical and artistic, but hesitate tonclaī the lofty title “Lighting Designer”.

amd considering going for a double MFA inacting and Technical Design (yeah, i need a serious reality check)i and hope to learn a lot here, from the simple and mundane, to the theorretical and artistic.

and on that note, i’m pau. (local vernacular for finished). omg, this is the worst bio i’ve written.
@Kahana Welcome to the Control Booth forum, there are worse places you could be, please enjoy your time here.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back