New to forum. Greetings from Australia!

Hello!

I figure I should introduce myself to the community here.

My name is Kevan Atkins. I live in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. I only discovered theatre last year at university when I saw the theatre subjects being promoted on enrolment day. I did those over a couple of semesters and loved them so much that I'm now majoring in theatre and well and truly addicted to it. Before that, I've been a musician for 10 years and also heavily interested in a variety of other fields such as electronics, engineering, computing, literature, art, music, etc. So discovering theatre, particularly the technical side of it and how it can marry all of these things together really excites me.

I've composed and sound designed for two shows, I've been doing live sound for 6 years (I have about 20-30 shows under my belt from that), and I've been acting since last year. The most recent show I've done sound design/composition for is The Fence in its Thousandth Year by Howard Barker. I've also been asked to compose for a Melbourne Fringe Festival show coming up soon as well as for a few other little projects.

I'm always looking to become better at what I do and so I'm quite excited that I've finally found somewhere on the internet full of people with knowledge that also share the same enthusiasm for theatre that I do. I've been looking around on the forum here and you seem like such a great, helpful bunch of folks. I look forward to meeting many great people on here.

:)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back