New to LS9

Im currently doing sound design for my senior high school show, actually documenting everything because it is also for a class. So i have my inputs list and it turn up one channel sort. I dont need the last channel but it is nice to have a talkback mic. Is there any way to patch the talkback into the second page of the board. That way I can just latch and unlatch it using user defined keys and have it always up. I dont actually have the board yet so Im just using studio editor. If I cant patch it to a different channel, is there a way to send it through the mains. I used it as a god mic because we dont use a true monitor system when it comes to musicals.
Secondly, is there a way for my monitor sends to just be my L/R outputs. I need to feed sound to our control booth and back stage and typically just send the house mix so I dont have to worry about making extra mixes. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Is there any way to patch the talkback into the second page of the board. That way I can just latch and unlatch it using user defined keys and have it always up.
Nope, unless you have external pre-amplifiers wired into the board through the LS9's SLOTs, there aren't any pages, or extra channels.

Secondly, is there a way for my monitor sends to just be my L/R outputs. I need to feed sound to our control booth and back stage and typically just send the house mix so I dont have to worry about making extra mixes. Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Absolutely. In the patch bay simply route the L and R to as many of the OMNI outs you need. I would advise against this because you no longer have volume control on each send. If someone wants backstage louder, you cannot make it louder without making the house louder.

What I would do is send a post fade aux to those locations. You can also assign the L/R mix to multiple outputs by going into the patch page for the Left and Right bus, but you will not have any overall volume control for these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back