The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

New to the forum

Discussion in 'New Member Board' started by joustalot, Feb 17, 2009.

1. joustalot

joustalot Member

Greetings,

I'm not sure what to write as this is the first time venturing into this, but I am a HS Band Director and I also am the Music Director for our stage productions. I conduct the pit and for the last 3-4 years have become the technical director (set builder)by default for our shows. I have some basic building experience and enjoy challenges. I joined this because I was searching for help and ideas for a 16' stage revolve for our production of "Les Mis". I read some of the posts and immediately thought it might be a good idea to "join". Not sure what I can offer others, but would certainly appreciate advise from the more experienced out there.

2. DaveySimps

DaveySimps CBMod CB Mods Premium Member

Performing Arts Center Manager
    Welcome joustalot, Glad to have you here. There are a lot of educators here, so you are in good company. It sounds like you may have already done so, if not; please do a search for revolve or turntable. There have been some recent posts here about the very subject in the past few weeks with some good info. I myself just finished the production two weeks ago. We had a 30' revolve. I am happy to answer any questions you may have about it, as I am sure countless others are.

Enjoy CB!

~Dave