New to this and need help!

ajtvarok

Hi everyone! I am new to this and I thought I'd throw my question out there and see if anyone has a good idea.

We are doing Picasso at the Lapin Agile at my school (a high school in PA). I am the technical director/set designer for the school. So I am totally stumped on how to make the paintings change at the end of the play. Has anyone done the show? Any good suggestions? I have 2 1/2 weeks to build and load in the show before tech starts, so time is a huge factor! Looking for something simple to do.

Drop me a line if you have any ideas! Thanks all!

Welcome! Gald to have you here. You may want to try the search function to see if you come up with anything, there is a lot of great info there. If you cannot find what you are looking for, you might want to post in the Scenic or Special FX forums. Members are more likely to catch your question there.

I am not familiar with the show. That being said, you might want to try a couple of video projectors to project the images. It would make them very easy to change, and to get the exact image you want. Maybe you can rear project onto a screen built into a flat or wall(s) of the set, and just run the images off of a powerpoint. Just a though, without knowing the show.

~Dave

Welcome....and I don't know the show either, but you could try making your picture frame with several layers (depth wise) each layer can be grooved at the top and bottom and that would allow you to load (lets say you made 4 channels) 4 paintings and if the frame is placed where one side is just at the edge of a curtain or something, someone could pull out each painting one at at time......or you could try making a frame (like a shadow box) with 2 layers at least 6" in between layers, more if you can, the first being a painting painted on a piece of sharks tooth or something similar (cheese cloth might work?) and the second one being on a canvas or wood or whatever...you shine a light directly on the front of the canvas and you see the first image then bring that lite down slowly and another light positioned above the frame and as tightly and directly onto the second canvas as you can and that would make it appear to change images....would take some experimenting....
hope this helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back