New twisted DNA truss from Cosmic Truss

gafftaper

Senior Team
Senior Team
Fight Leukemia
The people at Cosmic Truss have a brand new product. It's still in beta and nearing the end of strength testing at the moment, so it's very new. But they say the modeling shows it will be stronger than box truss of the same size. And it loooks really cool!
IMG_20181020_135744.jpg

Looked interesting @ GLP's booth, but my first reaction was "Man, that's really gotta suck for doing a truck pack." Not sure if that's actually the case or not, but i would be curious how it compares with box truss in terms of size of truss required for equivalent of 12 x 12 or 20.5 x 20.5 truss.

Looked interesting @ GLP's booth, but my first reaction was "Man, that's really gotta suck for doing a truck pack." Not sure if that's actually the case or not, but i would be curious how it compares with box truss in terms of size of truss required for equivalent of 12 x 12 or 20.5 x 20.5 truss.
Yeah very true. It might be really hard to stack. Hopefully they have some sort of clever cart design as well.

Seems great as a scenic element, but kinda pointless for actual use. I am curious how it interfaces with standard square truss, like could you use this for goal post verticals and something practical horizontally to hang drapery and fixtures? Safely of course, with properly weighted bases so we don't have any more blowdowns.

Seems great as a scenic element, but kinda pointless for actual use. I am curious how it interfaces with standard square truss, like could you use this for goal post verticals and something practical horizontally to hang drapery and fixtures? Safely of course, with properly weighted bases so we don't have any more blowdowns.
There was another set off to the side that looked like it might have had an interface to a square truss, but it was up in the air and hard to see. It would be really cool for verticals.

Like I said it's really early and not even done with testing. So it may change and there are likely to be a lot of other pieces to the system that were not visible yet.

It would be cool for uprights but flying no way. It’s gonna just have stuff hung on it and you won’t see it. Plus everyone wants truss skirts anyways so A for looks but D for functionality.

What really needs to be invented for truss are quick snap truss bolts so that people don’t crank them down and on the strike you are breaking knuckles and swearing and the jackass that overtightened them.

I type this with 2 bloody knuckles as our out today someone on the in hulked the bolts to the truss.

I wonder what they would look like with a stretch fabric sleeve and internally lit. It looks like a tube could be run down the center with LED tape applied in spirals so each section could be a different color, add pixel mappable tape for even more fun.

I wonder what they would look like with a stretch fabric sleeve and internally lit. It looks like a tube could be run down the center with LED tape applied in spirals so each section could be a different color, add pixel mappable tape for even more fun.
Very cool idea!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back