New Wrench Set

Kelite

Senior Account Executive
Premium Member
Why are there Rivets? or something all over it? Is it actually holding the wrench together, or is it decorative? And do they get caught on things when you are trying to tighten/loosen something? Like getting caught on the yoke of a fixture when installing a c-clamp?

Do I get a discount for buying all three at once?

Why are there Rivets? or something all over it? Is it actually holding the wrench together, or is it decorative? And do they get caught on things when you are trying to tighten/loosen something? Like getting caught on the yoke of a fixture when installing a c-clamp?

From the pictures they are holding it together. It looks like they laser cut several pieces of thin material and riveted them together to make them thick enough to give them strength. My guess is they are made this way because they use the laser cutters they already have in house for gobos, that makes these cheaper to produce since they don't have to invest heavily in new tooling.

From the pictures they are holding it together. It looks like they laser cut several pieces of thin material and riveted them together to make them thick enough to give them strength. My guess is they are made this way because they use the laser cutters they already have in house for gobos, that makes these cheaper to produce since they don't have to invest heavily in new tooling.
Good guess. That is correct.

Sorry- have been away a bit this past week.

Yes, there is a discount when the three are purchased together. Marketing is getting pricing together now, so we should have $ on www.apollodesign.net in the near future.

Yes, the stainless layers are held together by permanently pressed rivets for strength (and a cool look as well). The stainless is thicker than the gobos we laser cut, and WILL open a bottled beverage. Most technicians I know can open a bottle with most any object, and these wrenches have a number of surfaces for this easy feat. ;)

(I was wondering how long it would take before someone noticed that...) :D

Attachments

• Wrench Feature Sheet - final.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 191
Last edited:
Just have to ask, have you thought about making the round center hole a hex hole? Maybe 1/2" and 7/16" or 1/2" and 9/16"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Just have to ask, have you thought about making the round center hole a hex hole? Maybe 1/2" and 7/16" or 1/2" and 9/16"?

I was thinking this as well - also, it looks like you would be able to fit an omega bracket 1/4 turn/case latch/shackle pin buster in the space between the center and the end holes on the larger one. With in-house laser cutting being the method of construction, why not give more options? The more things it can do, the more likely I am to buy it. Truth be told, my standard of comparison is the Flat Focus Tool, which I find useful since I'm using it as a 1/4 turn omega bracket turner as often as I am a conventional lighting wrench. That looks to be the idea of tool you're going for, and I understand you don't want to look like you're knocking them off, but I do like your method of construction and I think there's more to be done with it.

How strong is an open end wrench made using this method?

How strong is an open end wrench made using this method?

It wouldn't be a strong as a single piece of steel, each layer would want to flex on it's own, especially if you didn't get the entire wrench on the head. You could fix that by having rivets along the open end, but then that would make it even thicker, and harder to get into places.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back