New

Welcome!

There are quite a few people here that love old buildings! Please post some pictures if you get a chance!

While I don't know much about intercom systems, there are quite a few people who do. I'd take this post over to the Sound or Stage management Forum, as there are people over there that don't necessarily look in here.

Welcome to the Booth! I have the Eartec Digicom system purchased as an add on to my built in Clear-com system. It has not worked well at all. It's possible that the problem has to do with the steel studs in my new building but I'm not sure. The belt packs are larger and heavier than a Clear-com pack. They provide this big 3" wide belt for support. There is very little documentation available to help you trouble shoot, let alone explain how the product is supposed to operate. I e-mailed Eartec's tech support address twice for help on my problems and received no response. So I would have to recommend you save your money and look at Clear-com or Telex.

Why do you think you need wireless in the first place? I'm a big fan of wired Intercom. Unless you have a huge show with stage managers who have to run all over the place backstage I find wired is cheaper, more reliable, and you don't have batteries that die. For wired intercom I recomend you check out Production Intercom. They have really well made products and are cheaper than the other manufacturers. Check you their BP.15 it's an aluminum cased belt pack smaller than a pack of cigarettes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back