Newbe needing help with amp/speaker wiring

We have just acquired our second Crown 900xs amp. We want to hook them up where we are getting the best sound available. The sound will be used for a family gospel trio, so stereo may be a bit different. Sound tracks have been used with the monitors, speakers and background music all coming through the single amp. Now that we have two amps, how do we set the system up? Thanks ahead!

I would suggest running them in Stereo mode with one Amp running the Main Speakers ( Ch.1: Left + Ch.2: Right) and the second amp running the Monitors. Connect the Main Speaker Amp to the Main Stereo outputs on the Mixing Board (I'm sure you can figure out how they go) and then plug the Monitors into the AUX SENDS 1 and 2 if you have them. This will give you the most amount of control for your system, this way you can separate the monitors from the main mix and give the Drums, Bass or Vocals only what they need without having to worry about blowing the performers ears out trying to give the audience enough volume.

Your question was pretty vague, if you need more assistance please clarify some things for us like: How many main speakers do you have? Where are they located? How many monitors do you have? Where are they usually located? What mixing board do you have? and any other information that could be useful.

Last edited:
hiya, what speakers are you hooking up to your amplifiers? depending on how the loads balance out, 1 speaker per channel isn't always the way to go... and how many outs do you need (aka stereo left right, monitor 1 and 2, or maybe both monitors produce the same thing.. etc.)

sometimes you wanna work backwards, ask your group what they need, then work out how many outputs you want, then work speaker load to amplifier ouputs (how many watts/channel required at what ohm ratings). that should give you a very specific way to hook them up.

I think it is important to invert Sony's order, you need to tell us more about the application, both what you are wanting to do and the equipment, before offering any specific suggestions. What works well in one application could be a disaster applied in a different one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back