mwhipple

Hello,

I've lurked on and off for a while but never got around to doing the new member post. I'm Mark Whipple and I'm a high school teacher in the Boston area. I currently do lights and occasionally sound for high schools and community theaters in my area. My background goes back many years to lighting for TV and theater in college, through a grass-roots community theater with tin juice cans for par lamps, to a pretty modern facility at our local high school. Recently I've played with DMX/USB and I picked up an ETC Smartfade 2496. If anybody knows of a good source for a case for that board, let me know!

Looking forward to exchanging ideas on how to get the job done with minimal resource, but still keeping the standards high!

Mark

...If anybody knows of a good source for a case for that board, let me know!
Welcome, mwhipple. What's wrong with a redneck-roadcase (cardboard box it came in) especially when reinforced with many layers of duct tape?http://www.controlbooth.com/forums/members/mwhipple.html:rolleyes:

Check your local music stores and pawn shops for a keyboard case, or ask/find some out-of-work musician friends. At 2.5"x10"x27", should be just about right.

How about a "soft" case?
proxy.php

Also, check out SmartSoft and let us know what you think.

Welcome to the Booth! For a top of the line but not exactly cheap solution try contacting "Georgia Case". They were at LDI and had some briefcases made out of road case materials. Their website shows a lot of medical cases.

Another cheap option would be to look into pistol or rifle cases.

The search function is your friend!

Welcome to the booth Mark. Where in the Boston area are you? I grew up in Newton so I know the area well.

Enjoy the forums, hopefully we can be a valuable resource for you. Ask any questions you have, and answer any you can!

Welcome to the booth Mark. Where in the Boston area are you? I grew up in Newton so I know the area well.

Thanks, all for the tips on cases for my console. The soft case is a good idea since I won't be taking it on the road. However, I don't know if I'm man enough for that pink case, derrekleffew!:lol:

Alex, I live in Milton (just south of Boston) and most of the groups I work with are within 10 minutes of my house. Makes up for my 50 minute commute to work in Cambridge!

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone - this forum is a great resource!

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back