Marya2639

Hi my soon to be former boss just recommeded this site to me. I resently got a job with Feld Enterainment and will be leaving for Europe soon. Yeah!!! I am interested in lighting and I cant wait to learn with all of you.

Controlbooth is a great place to question and learn and who knows you might even help someone out down the track.

everyone has a special area of knowledge

oh and watch out for the one called "gafftaper" :)

Welcome to the booth Marya. It's amazing how much knowledge is here. Get to know the search function. The archives are large and MANY interesting topics have already been covered. Jump in and join the conversation! The more voices the better.

As for Hughesie, he's just a spoiled rich brat from down under with some funky glasses. I suspect he is part bandicoot. There is no need to fear him, but don't touch or feed him.

Welcome to the Chaos...

Is this former boss of yours someone who we would know by some username? Or if you would prefer not to mention it, that's fine as well.

Now, the normal spiel... The search feature should become your friend. Don't be afraid to bring back old topics, IF you have something constructive to add. Ask questions, answer questions and all that caper. These days we seem to fall off topic much more than we used to, but we do try to answer the original question amongst the civil unrests and domestic disputes. Folks are bound to ask if you have a website, and were you in a permanent space, they'd be wanted to know the specs of said space.

Alex, I thought we'd established that this "gafftaper" was an alterego of this "Mark"... And one or both of them think we confuse them. HA.:twisted::mrgreen:

Strewth, what about us would give him that idea mate?

Charlie you'regonna scare her off before she has a chance to ask a question!

Welcome Aboard! Hope you have fun and learn a lot here. There's certainly a large base of info to draw from.

Well, i'll chime in. Mary worked for me, and will until she departs for FELD. Now I need a new crewton... In reality though, I am quite happy for her, and I hope that she has a great time with them. I also hope that she becomes a good member of CB, I told her that we could answer any question she might have.

Hi Marya, I usually don't pipe up in these threads, so I'm not good with the normal spiel.
He only posts when the new member is female. :oops:
Well, i'll chime in. Mary worked for me, and will until she departs for FELD. Now I need a new crewton... In reality though, I am quite happy for her, and I hope that she has a great time with them. I also hope that she becomes a good member of CB, I told her that we could answer any question she might have.
Mary if you worked for Alex, you are already part of the family! Good thing you are finally escaping his clutches. Could you tell us the true story about him busting up the parking garage at the LDS convention center in the company van.
They called me back within a week of sending my resume.
You can't talk anymore.:rolleyes:
(2.5 months)
Wow and she one ups Phil in her second post YOU ROCK MARY!

Welcome, Mary. I hope the Feld job is everything you want it to be...but, enough said. Are you allowed to tell us what tour you'll be on? Red or Blue? Does Europe have the internet?

Alex, as soon as you get that full-size grandMA, I'm there for you! I'm guessing my hourly rate is your show rate, but we can negotiate.:lol:

...I'm reliably informed that this is the case...
Well, I was just asking because we don't seem to have many Europeans here on CB. Except for Meghan, does Israel count as Europe?

Derek
(ugly American and proud xenophobe--I worked with Xenotechs for five years.)

Well, I was just asking because we don't seem to have many Europeans here on CB. Except for Meghan, does Israel count as Europe?

Derek

Getting into the details, Israel is actually a part of Asia, s is the rest of the Middle East. I think the bigger issue is that much of Europe use English as a secondary, tertiary or quaternary language, not their primary as so we probably don't show up as high in their search results on Google etc...

Wrong user, Derek, it's not Meghan. Meghan's out in Foster City. You're looking for miriam.

Oh, so Foster City is in Israel, Asia? Got it now. Thanks.

Derek
Though Israel is located in the middle east, I think of it as a european country. Though there are other issues with that, given they don't use the euro, nor are they part of the EU.

Though Israel is located in the middle east, I think of it as a european country. Though there are other issues with that, given they don't use the euro, nor are they part of the EU.

But they do enter the Eurovision song contest. Anyone remember Dana International?

Hey do you guys get to see the Eurovision Song Contest. A magnificent display of totally kitsch europop. I haven't missed one for years. Last year the show was run on 8 linked GrandMA boards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back