Nightclub looking for fixtures. Ideas?

Elusid

I recently started working for a nightclub here in Denver as a tech assistant. The venue is looking to do a renovation between now and October 6th which gives us the perfect opportunity to get some new inventory. Currently we have x8 working Trackspot 1's, x4 Trackspot 2's and x4 MAC 250's (Entours?) hung. The other guy started in February and I started two weeks ago so we honestly have no idea what kind of budget this place is thinking but our guess is not very much ($10k max?). We have a meeting tomorrow to figure that out a bit more but I'd like to have a few suggestions to present by then.

The dance floor we're working with is roughly 40'x30'x20' (x,y,z). Personally, I feel scanners are the best option for this area of the club because they move MUCH faster than moving heads (generally) which seems more suited for pop/electronic music. Combined with our two DF-50's the Trackspot 1's create some pretty awesome aerial effects. They're also dirt cheap used now so I'd love to get a few more of those. Several of them in a line or triangular array could be very interesting.

We also have a few Trackspots in the basement that need minor repairs which I feel will be a great addition as well since we have them.

Assuming we use primarily the Trackspot 1's and Technobeams we already have what other fixtures would you all recommend for a club setting? I was looking at Cyberlight Turbo's which look promising I've never used one before. I want to stay a million miles away from American DJ, Chauvet, and Elektralite and my experiences with Elation and Robe haven't been that great but I guess they're not totally out of the question...

Thoughts?

As stated before look at mac 101's. Also Auras and 301's would work well. Try to get a few more 250's to. Honestly I've done club work and you really don't need to go major high end with the fixtures. Just stuff that can do good flash and trash. The fixtures mentioned will do that great for you and at an economic rate. I would invest more money in a good console. Cybers are to heavy and a pain in the ass for what your looking to do, they are great fixtures that are tanks. They will go 4 to 5 years before you have an issue but when they do they are a huge pain to work on. Personally I don't think you need to spend the money on VL's or Robe's. I would invest more in a good control desk. You need to get a hazer to get a good beam spread affect. Also maybe look at some color blazes or maybe color forces for some nice static LED lighting as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back