Nine (9) circuit multi-cable

derekleffew

Resident Curmudgeon
Senior Team
Premium Member
Who in the US uses 9-ckt multi with Pyle National E-Line connectors and 16 ga. cable? AND, possibly to answer my own question, does anyone other than Pete's Lights use that little twistlock connector with two blades and a center pin?

No, I meant what I typed. The connectors say Pyle-National E-Line. An acquaintance has break-ins and -outs but no multi. On a slightly different topic, didn't Production Arts Lighting use the 37 pin Pyle-National Star-Line in something like a 17 circuit configuration at one point? I seem to remember seeing a "Stage Box" with 17 flush mount 2P&G connectors on it on one corporate show around 1987.

No, I meant what I typed. The connectors say Pyle-National E-Line. An acquaintance has break-ins and -outs but no multi. On a slightly different topic, didn't Production Arts Lighting use the 37 pin Pyle-National Star-Line in something like a 17 circuit configuration at one point? I seem to remember seeing a "Stage Box" with 17 flush mount 2P&G connectors on it on one corporate show around 1987.

37 pin Pyle Star-Line, 12 circuits from PA.

I am not familiar with E-line from Pyle.

ST

Performance Lighting I believe they are called today.

I don’t use such gear, but in the pre-Soco world got thoroughly trained in the Pyle National MOD II 19 and 37pin of the Starline also, plus Veam 16 pin cables in 16ga. The 37pin was 12ga and up to 16 circuit dependant upon how many center ground wires broke first before downgrading the cable - old time standard. Still have lots of this type of gear in a storage building, much less my plug storage containers and hope to never bring it back into service. Not bad plug brands - pain in the rear to service but nothing wrong with them. Old school no doubt though not familiar with a nine circuit version. On 16ga cable, is it Oleflex brand 1ike 1.5mm? That’s suitable for a 1Kw load, if say 16ga SO, than perhaps downgrading it for amperage on your part would be appropriate. But if the cable is in good condition and it normally is for such cable, I cannot see much a problem with it. Old school but if the system is in good shape and used in an appropriate way, nothing wrong with it.

E-Line, got some old Pyle National catalogs, I can come up with part numbers if needed and they exist if necessary, but good luck in getting it. Pyle gear is very hard to get in general. Steiner in general is the only company that really supplies their gear any longer and good luck with that. Been waiting months for them to get back in pricing on some pin pushing tools. Others such as AC, Lex or TMB could in a pinch make an attempt to the degree they can. Pyle National is very difficult to get stuff for. Though once the ball is rolling it’s going to get rolling and you will get what you need.

On the two blades and center pin type plug, I used to use a lot of what would seem to be ML-2 or ML-3 series NEMA code plugs for the early types of LED fixtures and some remote switch return situations. Dislike the center ground screw on a Leviton (ML3-P) version of them, but worked around it. Again, nothing wrong with such a plug in use for special situations where you wish to limit what by accident is plugged into the system.

Describing obsolete or alternate gear it would seem. Nothing wrong in my opinion with what’s stated, just off the main branch but nothing wrong with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back