Noises Off set

JLNorthGA

Using pipe flanges w/ nipples as the pivot point (2" and 1.5" pipe).
Have 38 casters mounted perpendicular to the radius.

IMG_5943.JPG

My first question is pivot where? From that view it doesn't appear there is enough clearance to rotate that set, although maybe you are only 'tilting' it left and right....

My first question is pivot where? From that view it doesn't appear there is enough clearance to rotate that set, although maybe you are only 'tilting' it left and right....
If you are familiar with the show, the set has to rotate 180-degrees twice during intermissions.
I am also curious as to where the pivot is, and how much clearance there is to rotate.

The set looks like it is coming along well though. I've always wanted to do Noises Off, great show. Would love to see photo(s) of the finished product, and a construction drawing would be cool as well. Always curious as to different people tackle the rotation, I've seen a number of different approaches especially to accommodate smaller stages.

One I saw split into three sections as there was not enough room to rotate the whole thing, then snapped back together after rotated.

We did it several years ago(big monster set), between acts we brought the main in, house up, main up, cast help spin set, main back in.

Just did it like it was the most normal thing, just took a minute.... hoped that the audience forgot what they had seen while getting a snack during intermission...

It worked well for us... It was fun
I found one pic, front view, no pics of the back side, sent out and bought pre-hung doors.
NOff.JPG
Sean...

If you are familiar with the show, the set has to rotate 180-degrees twice during intermissions.
I am also curious as to where the pivot is, and how much clearance there is to rotate.

The set looks like it is coming along well though. I've always wanted to do Noises Off, great show. Would love to see photo(s) of the finished product, and a construction drawing would be cool as well. Always curious as to different people tackle the rotation, I've seen a number of different approaches especially to accommodate smaller stages.

One I saw split into three sections as there was not enough room to rotate the whole thing, then snapped back together after rotated.

Here is a copy of the turntable framing plan. The escape stairs on stage left can be removed.

Attachments

• Turntable Framing FR-1.pdf
    336.1 KB · Views: 490

Users who are viewing this thread

Back