noises off

Two questions:
1) How professional of a theater are you? What level of production values are your audience used to?

2) Do you have any doors, flats, platforms, etc in stock from previous shows?

3) What about casters? Building a revolve requires a lot of casters.

I did the show for 800 last year. However, I already had a large amount of stock casters, borrowed the rest, and I had the platforming and the stairs to do the show. Just go buy the casters the show needs, it can easily cost a grand. Platforming can cost another grand if not more. So, it really just breaks down to what you have in stock. Ground up with no stock, its going to be at lease 3k, if not 4k.

Our Noises Off budget was like $800-$1000. We had plenty of casters in store and the platforming we had available. Most of the money went into legs, facing, bracing, doorways, and rubber sardines. The set does not have to be as complex as you think. The back of the set can be as built without having to make it pretty.

I think our budget was around 1k - we didn't do it on a revolve, we made it wagons that attached together -- it was actually very neat how we did it I will try to post pics if I can find them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back